Popup says "Your cell may have a virus"

GFxer

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
These popups are usually from fake apps or stupid websites. I recommend your install an antivirus and do a full scan and as for the webpages, just close them when you see one.

rickthedroid

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I just saw that popup on my mobile, and immediately backed out of the add I was using and ran my security app. I use Lookout and it has saved more than once, great app! There is a free version, Anyway, the security app said everything was hunky dory!

oleyh

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Anti-virus for smartphone are more useless than bloatware. They get nothing at all.
Only way to get rid of pop ups, and also to get rid of virus is to format your phone, the hard way preferentially.
Btw, i also get tons of "You have a viRuS!!!11!" or "Update your firmmware NOW!!!!" messages in random pages making the phone vibrating and unresponsive, adblock for Samsung navigator helps, allot.
Everytime i suspect i might have something rotten fishy inside, i nuke my phone. Only way to have absolute sure. My banking info is too precious for me...

aleah taschek

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
when i'm browsing its shows my fone has 13 virus also i'm getting "Android Warning" virus detected, then a button to remove virus, then under that it says "google play". I down loaded 360 security . i used it to scan my fone after scanning its says "NO VIRUS FOUND"but im still getting the same message from Andriod over and over again...., how do I get rid of this virus ???????????

I'm getting the same thing and I don't understand what's going on

Henrik Techguy

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
On my wife's S3 last night she got a random popup (on her home screen) that said:

"Your cell may have a virus" with two buttons to select labeled: "No Thanks" and "Get help". I didn't hit either out of a fear that it was somehow something bad no matter which button I selected. So I restarted the phone and it went away. There was no other way to back out of it or ignore it.

My other thought was maybe it was just some popup ad of some sort on my wife's phone and if I hit "get help" it would then take me to some anti-virus app. That's what I'm thinking it was now.

Anyone seen this before or know what it's about?

Once when I was looking for clash of clans hacks, I went to download an apk and I encountered a thing that said, Your Nexus 5X has a virus. So I proceeded to reboot the device and it works fine. Also once, while going to gmail, I accidentally typed gmai.com and missed the L. this then proceeded to freeze up the computer and tell me I had a virus. While trying to exit this, the popup would allow only an action on it to be made. So i just held the power button until the computer restarted. So, yea.

Smellsfunny

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Only time I ever see these kind of popups(which is why I'm here) is when I go to the dating site OK cupid. I never see anything like this unless I'm on the site via my Note4 and no, I don't have their app.

It's annoying as all hell because I have popups turned off/blocked. I'm surfing through the site and out of nowhere this thing pops up and I either have to hit the back button repeatedly until I get back to the site then log off, clear history and log back on OR minimize the window or at least try to so I can clear history and eventually log off.

r3tro kill3r

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
My Google pixel 2XL keeps having pop-up adds saying I have a Trojan virus and even when I reset the phone or turn it off it keeps popping up what should I do

Sbswearingen

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Any way to BLOCK these annoying : "you have 32 viruses on your phone..." Ads??

My son plays all those Talking Tom, Talking Hank games that repeat what you say back etc. (Great for his autism and speaking). Anyways.... I'm 99% sure that's where the pop up in this Chrome Virus ad is from.

Scanned for viruses, cleared cache, went away.... But my son still plays the game l, the ad keeps popping up and uninstalling his favorite game is not an option 😆

Is there any way to block this from closing the game and opening in Chrome? Who knows...He may very well install the virus not knowing what he's doing by clicking the link.... so I really need to block this (and yes, in Chrome settings Ads are already set to block).

Thanks in advanced ✌

- Stephanie

bhangad

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
krazyfj,
You have almost certainly installed an app that is spamming you with this warning (to get you to install some other crapware).

You can try:
Mobile Security & Antivirus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity
Addons Detector: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector
Lookout Ad Network Detector: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector
AirPush Detector: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

thanks for the list. i was having same issues. gonna try mobile security and antivirus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia