Portable Power Brick for S8?

VikeMan

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
So, I have a new S8 and neither of my old portable power bricks/banks/external batteries will charge it. (They both work with my LG, so I know they are not defective.) With the S8, I get an "irregular charging detected" message. Can anyone recommend one that works with the S8 for sure? TIA!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd, I still use my old bricks and a 1A charger in the car and it's still OK. Are these very old or have you tried a different cable? I even use it with the brick that came with the G4 and V20 (the latter does work with Fast Charging).

It should be OK with anything that's at least 1A for slow charging, 2A for normal charging, and QC2.0 compatible (or Fast Charging, but that's only Samsung's). Do you have any other issues with USB connections? Might be a faulty port on your phone...

VikeMan

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
The bricks are about three years old, and again, the work fine with the old LG. Both bricks have 1A and 2.4A outputs. Neither works with the S8, even using the cable that came with the S8's charger. If it were a cable problem or a phone pin problem, I don't see why the phone would charge with the stock charger (using the same cable) or in the car (using the same cable).

But it sounds like any competent brick should work, so I'll post another message asking for "what's the best brick" in the main forum. Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao