Positive Post

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So far, I have had Pixels 2, 5, 5a(other half’s) 6, and a 7 Pro to be picked up next week. I traded the 6 in on the 7 Pro.

The 5 is my daily driver secure phone running GrapheneOS.

So how is GrapheneOS as a daily driver? Anything you're really missing from Android?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy so far. No issues that I know of. The camera improvements are a bonus. A terrific upgrade from the P6 Pro.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
So how is GrapheneOS as a daily driver? Anything you're really missing from Android?

It’s hard to say, because when at home I had the 6 at hand. I mostly use my iPad for bopping around the internet.

When I leave home I carry the 5. I guess I can say that I really don’t miss the Googly stuff, I just accept that it isn’t on that phone.

I use Signal and Wickr, so there is no SMS traffic, and only a few have that number. On Signal I have three people, and five on Wickr, with some overlap.

Proton free VPN is good enough, and Bromite for the browser, with F-Droid for apps, it is pretty minimalist, but I have been using it since March, and I am quite happy with it.

The GrapheneOS group are really on the ball with OS updates, and I usually get them automatically no later than the next day.

If you don’t want to be snooped on by either Google or Apple, I think GrapheneOS is absolutely the best choice. I get a bang out of thinking “Screw you, Google, you don’t know who I am, where I am, or what I am doing.”

It is ironic that the best OS to get Google out of your life only runs on actively supported Google phones. (Pixels).

I am looking forward to the 7 Pro, and was disappointed that they didn’t have Hazel in stock. I gave them the 6 on the spot, just so there couldn’t be any BS about condition next week.

Last edited:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
P7 pro has minor improvements over the 6 pro. I'd say no real need to upgrade. But google gave me $520 for the regular S22. So getting the P7 pro was a no brainer.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
taking 8k video, tagging pictures with my friends in them so I know where to find them, the live wallpaper when folks call. just those things not a deal breaker

Yeah it still amazes me how samsung and oneplus offer so much customization and Google so little in comparison.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
P7 pro has minor improvements over the 6 pro. I'd say no real need to upgrade. But google gave me $520 for the regular S22. So getting the P7 pro was a no brainer.

That's a good deal! I agree that if one has a Pixel 6-series phone, upgrading to the 7 would offer minimal improvements.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I too really enjoy Pixels! I'm a fan for sure, but I don't necessarily always get a Pixel. I skipped the 3, 4, and 6 (but I did want the 3 and 6! LOOL). They are definitely an appealing brand!

I recall that you were leaning toward getting the 7. I was intending to stay with my 6 Pro for another year but when I got the Black Friday offer from the Google Store I gave in, Kate and I both ordered a 7 Pro. The camera improvements, telephoto and close-up, made the difference. What phone do you currently have?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel 6 Pro FPS worked quite well as does my Pixel 7 Pro FPS. However, I have the advantage of working from my own home office and my hands are always clean and undamaged.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara