Post some tricks you have found with the LTE

billyapd21

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the Zagg HD protector and it does have a notch cut out for the sensor. I placed mine perfectly to match the cut out with the sensor area. My screen still locks while I'm on a call and I have to hit the power button to make the screen come on to end the call. VERY ANNOYING. :mad:

I read on another forum that the cut out is for the light sensor and not the proximity sensor. I guess the are right next to each other.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The one that everyone should know by now...

* While holding down the POWER button, tap the HOME button to take a screenshot of the screen you're currently on. (The screen will flash and the message "screenshot saved to Camera shots" will appear on the screen to confirm the screenshot has been taken.)

WHAT?!?!! OMG I was JUST getting ok with waiting for my phone for almost 2 weeks! But now I find out I can SCREENSHOT?!?! Is this TRUE?!?!

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
ICS natively supports screen shots. Press and hold power and volume down and you get the animation and everything unlike pressing home.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

after messing around with both screenshot options, i decided i like the power+volume method because it puts them in a separate folder in the gallery called "screenshots" where the power+home method just puts them in with all the other camera shots you've taken. i prefer the screenshots be separate. easier to find.

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If I hold it next to my dear old Evo 4G, will it embarrass my Evo, or will they get along? :)

Nope. They are father and son..You would never be embarrased if your son became greater than you. You would be proud..My OG EVO is proud..Well it's proud when I take it out of my old ratty bag that I stuck it in now that I got a new mac daddy phone..Woot!!!

fel

May 17, 2011
Visit site
don't know if anyone stated this, but to increase text size in the stock message app. just pinch to zoom, just found that out, right now. and posted enjoy

Very nice find! The same rings true if you want to make the text smaller than what it appears as stock (pinch in, obviously.. lol )

Xiphias

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you continuously hold down the power button for around 5 seconds, the capacitive buttons will start to blink and then the phone will restart itself, as opposed to clicking the restart button when holding down the power button. A message box will pop up stating that "if you would to restart your phone continue holding down the button" or something like that. :)

I accidentally rebooted my phone twice today just by having my hand in my pocket with the phone, apparently pushing the button into the pocket hard enough to reboot. :-\

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally rebooted my phone twice today just by having my hand in my pocket with the phone, apparently pushing the button into the pocket hard enough to reboot. :-\

Yeah, the button is really easily pressed. I was wearing a pair of khakis so the phone is fairly loose in the pocket with the power button on the bottom.

I was walking a bit and I could hear numbers being dialed. Sure enough, the phone moving around in my pocket woke it up and the screen touching my leg moved the lock ring enough to unlock it.

Guess I have to be careful to keep the power button side up in my pocket.

Reactions: jandroshick

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
don't know if anyone stated this, but to increase text size in the stock message app. just pinch to zoom, just found that out, right now. and posted enjoy

Gosh, I had NO IDEA you could do that. Definitely a Sense 4.0 addition. I was just happy as a clam that you can actually adjust the default font sizes for all the HTC apps now in settings!!!! No more squinting!!

Reactions: sdnorth100

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gosh, I had NO IDEA you could do that. Definitely a Sense 4.0 addition. I was just happy as a clam that you can actually adjust the default font sizes for all the HTC apps now in settings!!!! No more squinting!!

Exactly HOW happy is a clam????

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I learned that if you want a regular unlock with no pin, pattern, or password but have to connect to a WPA WiFi source. You can accept to use the pin when you first connect. Then afterwards, go into settings and you can go back to no pin, pattern, or password, and it will not affect the WiFi connection. Also, this phone doesn't give me any Authenticating with...(wifi network here) like the old EVO 4G did for me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: psm9 and evo4gMN

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

kennethbring

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I got a couple of em.

1. (my personal favorite) In Sense 4.0, you can now remove home screens! Just double tap the home button to get to the tile-type layout, then drag the unwanted panel to the top of the screen and it will be removed. I've never had the need for seven screens so I find this incredibly useful.

2. You can slide to view your notifications bar from the lock screen (as long as you don't have a password present). Just push the Power button to wake it, and then swipe down from the top like normal and view your notifications.

3. To disable LTE until it goes live, go into Settings and tap Mobile Network. Then Network Mode. Change it From LTE/CDMA to CDMA Only.

I had more but I forgot em :(

I'm loving this beast though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC