Power bank for Galaxy S6

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I trust batteryuniversity.com much more than gorilla gadget, I have a 6400 mAh gorilla gadget battery, they sent me the wrong colored back! Now my phone has black front and white back, ridiculous! :D

Lol sucks, I haven't had any bad experience with them their batteries are pretty good

iphoner5454

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for the OPO powerbank 10mAh and $14.99 !!! INSANE !! And based on their quality products so far ( include accessories ) I don't thnik they are going to fail ...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am unsure fact will change whether you understand or not. These are test-based, science driven conclusions. You don't need to understand completely, and your individual evidence doesn't overwrite vast experiment and test done.

Power bank results aside. The poster makes a good point. Absent a bad battery or the USB, issues experienced by some, not me, I am in the same boat. Charge overnight. Charge in car when needed. Charge at office as needed. Even on business or personal travel where charging isn't always possible, never had issues needing battery swaps only saw wall hungers and never batteries being swapped out. It seems that those missing it the most are in the minority.

with rapid charging, why not charge it in the morning for half an hr instead lugged in all night long?

charging overnight would means the battery is near 100% all night, and high battery level/high voltage of the battery cell, is a negative factor for battery longevity.

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Here we go with this again... I never understood this argument. I always let my phones drain to 10% or under... usually not necessarily by choice, just because that's what it ends up being when I go to bed at night. I always plug my phone in @ bed and charge over night.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Because the battery generally sucks, and because most folks don't run around from plug to plug trying to keep their phone topped up, I think the real general use case has people at or below 10% by the time they charge for the day. Which means, if the assertion that the battery shouldn't be below 40% is a fair one, then the battery is really only good for about half a day, which is simply not enough.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
the assertion that the battery shouldn't be below 40% is a fair one, then the battery is really only good for about half a day, which is simply not enough.

My take on that would be that I'm carrying around a battery that's 30% more than I need...I'd rather have the smaller phone, use the battery to its near potential, charge at bedtime. My car has a charger in it at all times in case I need some extra power like if I'm going to a ball game that night or something.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Damn, really? That scares me...

I'm not saying every affordable bank on amazon will do that, but it did happen to me and I was out an expensive phone, so ya it left an impression on me for sure. I also don't use non-oem batteries or chargers. Not worth the risking the device or worse, a fire.