Powering down at 30%

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else's phone turn off with around 30%battery life left?

This is a pretty well established issue with the 6p. Google has been pretty good about RMA's if you contact customer service. Not sure if you need to be within your one year warranty period or not. I was within warranty when it started happening to me, and they sent me a refurb that has worked flawlessly.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It is doing it on some pixel phones too. Seems it just started not too long along with some blue tooth issues, LTE connectivity issues and some other things to go along with all of that. While 7.1 has been good for some users, it's become a nightmare for other users

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Speak of the devil! This whole turning off in the cold thing really isn't cool. It was 13° when I went out for a run today. My phone decided to power off because someone had called me. This issue is becoming such a hassle now. I think it might be time to switch platforms, or even just dump nexus/pixel/beta phones for good.

Attachments

• 40276.jpg
    40276.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 108

galanboyer

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine is shutting down between 20-25%. Was traveling today and had my phone turned off when in the air. Turned it on when I landed. Was at 24%. Sent one text and bam!, shutdown. Really getting sick of this and no response from Google. Talked to Huawei and they said they would replace the phone but it wouldn't fix the problem. And even if I wanted to try that route they won't send new phone until I send my phone to them and they receive it. Said it would take 7-10 days. Forget that. Thinking about iOS for the first time in over 5 years. There are a LOT of people with this problem and it doesn't seem like Google is doing much about it. Really frustrated.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine is shutting down between 20-25%. Was traveling today and had my phone turned off when in the air. Turned it on when I landed. Was at 24%. Sent one text and bam!, shutdown. Really getting sick of this and no response from Google. Talked to Huawei and they said they would replace the phone but it wouldn't fix the problem. And even if I wanted to try that route they won't send new phone until I send my phone to them and they receive it. Said it would take 7-10 days. Forget that. Thinking about iOS for the first time in over 5 years. There are a LOT of people with this problem and it doesn't seem like Google is doing much about it. Really frustrated.

I feel your pain galanboyer. We spend around $700 on a top of the phone from from Google and then we get plagued with issues like early powering off, Audio issues, camera issues ect.

I would also say, (even though it's AC and I shouldn't) but IOS is a pretty awesome OS and a great competitor.

Google normally comes to the party and replaces your devices. :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

mcraine

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
My 6p is shutting down around 24%. I have always had the battery saver turned off. Called Google and have a refurbished phone on the way. I'm out of warranty by a couple of months but they said they would make an exception. (Bought the original phone directly from Google)

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my 6p but the battery was soo poor and I am not even a year in. Used to get 5 1/2 SOT and not its more like around 3 hour. Went to the Mate 9

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I had mine shut down at 56%, I was using the GPS at the time. In normal use I was frequently having it shut down at 25%. For the Jan update I did a clean install instead of waiting for the OTA. Since the clean install the behavior seems much better, my last shutdown was at 2% which is fine. I suggest doing a factory reset at the very least to see if that helps. If the factory reset doesn't improve it do a clean install.

mcraine

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I received a refurbished 6P in about two days. Not only does the battery now work as it should and the phone stays on past 24%, the battery performs significantly better than the old one. I hadn't realized how it had degrated in the year I used the phone. I'm now getting significantly better battery life overall. Obviously the 6P batteries don't have a very long lifespan.