• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Powering Off Vibration

Jonny-S

Jul 11, 2012
Does anyone know the thinking behind the pointless vibration that occurs at the end of the power off cycle? Even better if there's a way to turn it completely off. Another stupid featureis the blast of bright life when I turn it on.

I have a Motorola G (3rd Generation) Android version 5.1.1 but I've noticed the vibration with at least one other phone (LG).
Thanks in advance.

nmercy

Sep 20, 2016
I think it's tied into the shutdown to give you a note that your phone has turned off when it runs out of battery... I think most of the phones I've had recently have vibrated when turning off.

As for disabling the feature, don't know :(

Jonny-S

Jul 11, 2012
Thanks. It seems like a stupid feature. The problem with programmers is that they have to keep "improving" things which sometimes results in these superfluous features.