Pre-order Tab S3 with No Keyboard Covered Killed it For Me.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I like the size, but I just noticed the comparable iPod tablet released today is much cheaper than the S3.
That's an apples to oranges comparison. Most folks will not be cross shopping between those two models.

The new iPad 9.7 is a budget offering, that's more akin to the recently refreshed Tab A 10.1 which is comparably priced, but includes an SPen.

The Tab S3 is designed to compete against the iPad Pro, with its magnetic keyboard and Pencil. When they are similarly configured, Samsung is a bit cheaper.

Still, I don't think consumers will appreciate a premium Android tablet and Samsung will have to drop the price of the S3 in order to sell it to the masses.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That's an apples to oranges comparison. Most folks will not be cross shopping between those two models.

The new iPad 9.7 is a budget offering, that's more akin to the recently refreshed Tab A 10.1 which is comparably priced, but includes an SPen.

The Tab S3 is designed to compete against the iPad Pro, with its magnetic keyboard and Pencil. When they are similarly configured, Samsung is a bit cheaper.

Still, I don't think consumers will appreciate a premium Android tablet and Samsung will have to drop the price of the S3 in order to sell it to the masses.
Agree, can't upgrade from Tab S2 for this price. Besides, I really do like 8 inch varient. So sticking with my Tab S2 for now.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Personally wouldn't use the keyboard if they gave it to me, their mostly pointless on a thin and light android tablet.

If you're only using it for media, sure.
I use mine for documents, and logging into my Unix servers at work. Using the touch screen keyboard with putty or some other terminal emulator just gets in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174