Presidential Alert!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I got it on my S8 on AT&T. But, only got the on-screen pop-up. No sound at all. Everyone else in my office had their phones go off.

I don't use the default messaging app on my S8, I use Textra. Somehow, the emergency alert goes through messaging and it passes to Textra, but somehow it doesn't pick up the alert sound it's supposed to make.

I use Textra and got the alert.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Got it on both my phones simultaneously. I wonder what it was like in a crowded area of lots of people. Alerts causing disruptions. The media was interviewing people afterwards who were totally clueless as to what to do since they had not heard anything about it coming. Some were panicky. Sheesh :/

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that the gov't believes it went out to 75% of cell phones in the US. Got it on both of mine.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Got it on both my phones simultaneously. I wonder what it was like in a crowded area of lots of people. Alerts causing disruptions. The media was interviewing people afterwards who were totally clueless as to what to do since they had not heard anything about it coming. Some were panicky. Sheesh :/

Didn't the message state that it was a test? I don't recall the exact verbiage, because I was not surprised by it.
People panic over just about anything nowadays. How do they survive the day?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid