Private photos gone, how can I get them back?

patrickb2

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Private photos gone

i was updating my note 4 with the latest sprint upgrade and it crashed halfway through, once I got it back running all my photos that i had under private is gone. Is there anyway to get them back?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Private photos gone

Hello!
Did you happen to have this information backed up anywhere else? I always suggest having backups either on the cloud or on another hard drive (like your PC) -- If you didn't have these backed up then unfortunately this information is gone.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Private photos gone

Hopefully you haven't done anything to your SD card yet, like reformatting it. There's a lot of file recovery options available online that you can install on your Mac/PC and they will recover most, if not all, of your missing pics. Unfortunately, I've never found a truly free option. Many of the programs that do this do offer a free service, but that's basically to scan your card and tell you how many files were found, but in order to actually recover the files you need to pay. $35-40 seems to be the going rate for a quality program.

I had to purchase 1 myself last year to recover vacation photos (I purchased a cheap micro sd card and it stopped working after I had about 400 pics on it). Anyway, I'm pretty sure the name of it was Stellar Phoenix, but can't say for certain because I'm not at home near my Mac. I came across it by a generic Google search for file recovery software. Might want to give that a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy