PRL Updated now at 21080

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Data been going out for me, it finally died. Called Sprint and they told me to reset data through a over the phone walkthrough. Works great now...keeping fingers crossed.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Updated and now my 3G speeds are way slower!

Now at around 0.2 download.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Guys updating the PRL will not change or affect DL or UP speeds. This just changes the (Preferred roaming list). Tells the phone who it can roam on.

This is true. To help clarify, here is a quote from Sprint.com...

The Preferred Roaming List (PRL) is a file located in your phone, and it is used to acquire both the Sprint Network and Sprint roaming partner's network for you while you are roaming off the Sprint Network. Sprint updates the PRL a few times a year to provide you with new domestic digital roaming coverage or with international roaming coverage or to make other necessary adjustments.

Sprint sends PRL updates to phones Over-the-Air (OTA) as needed. However, you can also proactively receive PRL updates using your phone's settings. For instance, newer phones have a menu screen to perform a PRL update, Settings > Phone Info > Update PRL. The phone will check for an update and complete the transaction in less than a minute.

Mobile Broadband Cards receive PRL updates through Sprint Smartview Auto Updates.

A PRL update will not:

Improve signal strength on Sprint Network or off-network roaming areas
Help with dropped or blocked calls, or coverage holes
Help with wireless web issues
Correcting misrouted calls when roaming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov