Probably not the Smartest Question

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it is having a nervous breakdown. Not eligible for an upgrade until November so may end up having to purchase an unlocked phone and of course don't want a crap phone. Plus if I'm going to pay full price for a phone I want one that will last. If I get a nexus 5 will it work on at&t? Also will I just be able to plug my sim card into the new phone or do I have to purchase a card or have the phone activated by at&t.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it is having a nervous breakdown. Not eligible for an upgrade until November so may end up having to purchase an unlocked phone and of course don't want a crap phone. Plus if I'm going to pay full price for a phone I want one that will last. If I get a nexus 5 will it work on at&t? Also will I just be able to plug my sim card into the new phone or do I have to purchase a card or have the phone activated by at&t.

The sim card will work on the Nexus 5. Since both use micro-sim cards, it should be a problem. LTE and HSPA+ should work fine. You don't have to get a new card.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

It should work without any issues. And if it doesn't, AT&T will give you a new sim card for free.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Can I use my own sim card from note2 or do I have to pay for a new one from at&t? Do I have to pay an activation fee?

Yes, just take your card out of your note 2 and put it in the nexus and you are good to go. No contact with ATT is necessary.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non