Problem printing PDF files from Samsung tablet.

rogerbid

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have lived with a problem on my wife's TAB A tablet and patience is wearing thin. For a long time there has been a problem printing PDF files and at times I have managed to restore this function, only for it to recur.

I have spent a long time trying to restore it again this morning without success.

There is no problem printing Word documents and emails, the Canon printer is always recognised. The problem arises when a pdf email attachment is opened. (I have previously had huge problems even opening pdf files but that is in the past now.) Opening a pdf now, I am not sure which app is actually opening the preview screen. The screen has a blue band at the top headed Preview with a left arrow in the top left corner, and the S ettings gear wheel and a printer icon at top right corner. This printer icon has a red/white cross. Clicking here brings up a new window with blue band at the top and left arrow and 'Select device' at left top corner, and the
Printer icon with a + sign and refresh icon at top right corner. Below the blue band are 2 lines offering Favorite and Devices.

Clicking on the the refresh icon, and Favorite and Devices does nothing and licking the printer icon brings a drop down menu offering 'Add device menu..', 'SNMP settings', 'WiFi Set-up' and 'Google Coud Prin..'.

Clicking on 'WiFi Set up' eventually displays a message 'No supported network device could be found' which makes no sense to me since other apps seem to find the Canon printer without a problem. I don't know how to find the 'Port no' to add the printer manually, and am at a loss now. Nor do I know anything about SNMP settings.

If anyone can identify the app and can suggest a way forward I will be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Roger B

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You're trying to print from the device or an app on the device. Have you tried printing it from Google Drive? We all have a Google Drive account by default just for having a Gmail account. My Epson app actually says print PDF from Drive, meaning Google Drive. So it takes the file sends it to Drive and then prints it from there. It's an extra step but if it gets you what you want...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair