Question Problem with Android mobile device suddenly waking me up at sunrise

wob slept here

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
I have a number of Android devices which essentially are working fine. Today I was lying asleep in bed and 2 of my devices were at my bedside. Something strange and totally unexpected happened which has never happened before. Around sunset I was awoken by one of the devices which started playing a tune (no idea what the name of the tune is - maybe a general wakeup tune?). I had not set up any alarm on that device so no idea what prompted it to start playing the tune which has never happened before. I leaned across to the the device and opened it for use and the tune stopped playing. I looked around on it to see if I could find out whatever suddenly initiated this wakeup call. As nothing I could find gave me a clue as to why the wakeup music had started, and this being the first ever time of it ever happening, I am totally baffled. I searched in my browser for websites that might give me a clue about this situation happening on an Adroid device. They generally mentioned it could be something to do with a clock app on my device. I do have at least one (maybe 2) of such an app on my device but have never used it before. So I opened an installed a clock app but could find nothing whatever in its settings showing that some alarm had been set. Nor could I find any way of setting up an alarm at sunset, if I desired to do so.
My question is that I am completely baffled as to this alarm going off and I presume it may happen again tomorrow. I have no idea at all how to check this and prevent it happening again in future. Anyone have any ideas how to find out what the heck caused this alarm to wake me up and get it switched off?

Reactions: Amthebigdog

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In case this was actually a notification (rather than an alarm), you could turn on your Notification History, then check it the next time you hear that tone.

In the meantime, if you don't want to be disturbed when trying to sleep, you could always turn on Do Not Disturb.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I have a number of Android devices which essentially are working fine. Today I was lying asleep in bed and 2 of my devices were at my bedside. Something strange and totally unexpected happened which has never happened before. Around sunset I was awoken by one of the devices which started playing a tune (no idea what the name of the tune is - maybe a general wakeup tune?). I had not set up any alarm on that device so no idea what prompted it to start playing the tune which has never happened before. I leaned across to the the device and opened it for use and the tune stopped playing. I looked around on it to see if I could find out whatever suddenly initiated this wakeup call. As nothing I could find gave me a clue as to why the wakeup music had started, and this being the first ever time of it ever happening, I am totally baffled. I searched in my browser for websites that might give me a clue about this situation happening on an Adroid device. They generally mentioned it could be something to do with a clock app on my device. I do have at least one (maybe 2) of such an app on my device but have never used it before. So I opened an installed a clock app but could find nothing whatever in its settings showing that some alarm had been set. Nor could I find any way of setting up an alarm at sunset, if I desired to do so.
My question is that I am completely baffled as to this alarm going off and I presume it may happen again tomorrow. I have no idea at all how to check this and prevent it happening again in future. Anyone have any ideas how to find out what the heck caused this alarm to wake me up and get it switched off?
My phone started doing the same thing. I found that it was it's way of telling me to unplug the charger as I was leaving mine plugged in charging because I was involved with many games at the time. Another phone of mine had a habit of calling people in my contact list in the middle of the night. Couldn't figure that one out so it went to Pasadena and I got another one.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device did this?

What Android version is it running?

When you turned it off was there anything displayed? Any notification, message or anything? How where you able to silence this?

Why do you associate this with Sunset (in your statement) or Sunrise (in your title)? Was there anything other than a coincidental time of day that caused you to associate one of them to this happening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana