Problem with my S8+

cinn124

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my S8+ since release with no issues and I LOVE IT. This past Wednesday my bf spilled a tiny bit of water on my phone. I dried it off and kept it moving. Thursday night comes and I plug my phone in and get a message "we have detected moisture in your charge port. Please let it dry before attempting to charge. This may take a while.". Alrighty then. I stick it in some rice until this morning (Saturday), plug it in and I'm still getting the message.

So here I am at Samsung to see what is going on considering its a waterproof phone. First thing they notice when they check is it says "fuse blown". What. No elaboration. They currently have my phone in the mysterious back room probably in 50 pieces. *le sigh*

BTW, I charged it wirelessly on Thursday during the day and this morning. Charged fine. I just can't plug anything into it.

Ironically they have a dunk tank downstairs where they're dunking.....the S8.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have seen a number of similar posts concerning the charging port and water, you're not alone. Hopefully they'll be able to take care of it for you, have not seen the fuse blown notice before, but that's very surprising considering the water rating of the phone. Please report back on status.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Today after rinsing phone I plugged charged in and it wouldn't let it charge due to water. There was a water drop icon on the screen. I took a hair dryer for a few minutes to the port and the plug. Fixed the problem.

cinn124

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
well the phone is not waterproof, just water resistant fyi
I'm well aware but again it was a splash of water. Considering I walked into Samsung and they had a bunch of S8s in a tank, the splash shouldn't have caused such a big issue. It was clearly something else if they had to replace it.

Kiet189

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I was at the oxford street support centre to get my screen repaired. For a support centre they do leave you hanging without support! They fixed my phone and now I have slight pinkish along the left side of the edge but isn't that noticeable. £220! £20 inspection fee hahaha and £200 for screen replacement. I'm all happy now!

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I would have to disagree with this advice. The port is a closed space and that much pressure in such a small area would have a good chance of blowing out the seals.
You'll be fine as long as you don't put the nozzle close to the port. Hold the can about an inch or two from the port.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend AGAINST blowing any compressed air. it could introduce more moisture. It could also risk embedding debris into the port. I would ALWAYS recommend getting a strong shop vac, after any moisture encounter, and sucking the port out for a few minutes; then put in bag of rice for a couple hours. IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy