Problem with the clock app

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep my Samsung apps and OS up to date.

The problem started I think after the last OS update. The clock app which has several alarms set it in, one 6am, 7am and 730am no longer makes a sound when it goes off. This is odd as I know for sure it would go off even if I turned my volume on my phone but cannot figure out why its not doing it now. I emailed Samsung and well you know Samsung they asked to clear the cache and some other things which being IT I have already done, so I tried them again to no avail.

The only thing I can think of doing is the dreaded phone wipe unless someone can possibly offer me a solution here?

Thanks,

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I saw that article yesterday. I have the S20 FE, but use the Google clock for my alarm. The article suggests that Pixel users are having the issue. No real indication that other phones have that problem too.

This is the first I've heard of a Samsung user having the same issue.

Might have to switch to the Samsung clock just to be sure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I keep my Samsung apps and OS up to date.

The problem started I think after the last OS update. The clock app which has several alarms set it in, one 6am, 7am and 730am no longer makes a sound when it goes off. This is odd as I know for sure it would go off even if I turned my volume on my phone but cannot figure out why its not doing it now. I emailed Samsung and well you know Samsung they asked to clear the cache and some other things which being IT I have already done, so I tried them again to no avail.

The only thing I can think of doing is the dreaded phone wipe unless someone can possibly offer me a solution here?

Thanks,
Have you reset the stock alarm app? Clearing its data then force stop.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I have done this as Samsung asked me to and it still doesn't sound the alarm, the alarm goes off but there is no sound.

Is there any other 3rd party Alarm Clock app that someone can recommend?

Im very surprised that clearing data then force stop didn't work , try Google clock ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord