Problem with the microphone

TyBec

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a G Watch and I love it. But I can't get the microphone to pick up anything I say without putting my mouth up to the microphone and yelling. Do I have a defective unit or would there be a setting or app that is conflicting with the watch? Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App on the Sony Xperia Z2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no user setting for mic sensitivity in cellphones. An app could be using the mic, not allowing the app you want using it to do so, but that's a remote possibility. Check the hole where the mic is, and make sure there's no lint or fuzz clogging it.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
There's no user setting for mic sensitivity in cellphones. An app could be using the mic, not allowing the app you want using it to do so, but that's a remote possibility. Check the hole where the mic is, and make sure there's no lint or fuzz clogging it.

Or the clear protective tape all over the thing. I thought I chipped my brand new G, only to discover that tape, peeling up! :D

Posted via the Android Central App

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem for about 3 days. Turns out just as Rukbat said, it was something clogging up the mic! With a very tiny pin and some patience (my partner's patience not mine :) ) the voice commands works as it should. I will just take it off from now on when I wash my hands and wipe it down if I get any kind of dirt or something on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20