Problems after the firmware update

Giant Lizard

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Galaxy S4 to the 4.3: worst idea ever :|

since that moment:

1) it's not able anymore to connect automatically to public wi-fi network which require sign-in (with private wi-fi it's ok). It means that everytime it disconnect from the network, I have to reselect again the network from the list. Before the update it was automatic.

2) Everytime I'm connected to a network I have a system notification which says "An application attempted to access system on your device without authorisation. This attempt has been blocked. Deleting applications obtained from unauthorised sources may improve security", but it doesn't say WHICH application. And if I delete the notification, it reappears instantly, even if I flag the option "don't show for 30 days"

3) ScummVM doesn't work anymore. Why? I don't know. Still on black screen.

4) Minecraft lags a lot and often objects in game don't appear

5) the entire system looks heavier and slower

6) I didn't tried yet all the apps, but probably others have problems after this "update"

So, someone suggested me to backup everything and reset the phone, then my question is: how can I save everything? I mean: apps, saves, photos, sms, contacts, etc?

And: are we sure that after the reset it will be ok? I've read here in this forum other people with problems after the update, even after the reset :/

any suggestion?

gflurry

May 4, 2013
Visit site
One of the first things I did after getting my phone several months ago was turn off the animation durations under developer options. I noticed this week after the update they were reset to 1second. Something to check. It definitely makes a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I can't say it will fix it, but, I did a standard factory reset after the ota and it didn't help. My music player still turned on automatically. Flip board froze all the time. And just buggy all together. I took it to the Sprint store today to do a factory reset thru the dial pad. They type in ##72# I THINK. NOT CERTAIN. You also need the mmn number or something, they had to get my number off their data base. Anyway phone is working far better than before. All the apps are working fine. Music player hasn't opened either. I think it's a deeper reset than the one on settings.
Good luck...

Posted via Android Central App

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey, btw. Anyone else have poor reception after update. I was having this problem before and I'm not certain of its update connected. But even my kids htc one has far better reception than my s4. I'll have one bar and him and my wife have 5 to 6 bars. I can see her note being better but an htc one? About ready to say cya to Sprint. I need my phone to work in my house. Never had a problem in the last eight years until recently. Help...

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick