Problems after update

only1canknome

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Received April Update via At&t a couple days ago. Can't help to notice the bad lag. Pretty annoying honestly. When I use my Google messages app to text it takes like 5 seconds to load the conversation every time. Just feels like the entire skin of the phone has become lagged out. Anyone else experiencing this?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Received April Update via At&t a couple days ago. Can't help to notice the bad lag. [...] When I use my Google messages app to text it takes like 5 seconds to load the conversation every time. [...] Anyone else experiencing this?
Which April update? AVCJ, AVCK, or something else? No lag here (S908U1, AVCK, TMB).

Is it just your Google message app that's lagging, or other things too? Does the lag also occur in Safe Mode? Have you tried reinstalling the message app, or clearing its cache and data?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No idea what lag is never had it on any of my Samsung phones.
My AT&T S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB is a beast this thing is super fast .

eking30

Apr 10, 2022
Visit site
It's only in Google messages on at&t for me. Click on a message and it takes 3-5 seconds to open the thread. The rest of the phone is fine.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated via the April small file size that was a stability update and added grammerly.

As soon as I turned this On in my Samsung Keyboard it started glitching when typing adding letters and spaces all over the place.

I ended up toggling it off and reset my Samsung Keyboard to default settings.

I've not experienced any lag however.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my At&t Google Messages app lags bad after the recent update. I've cleared app cache on messages and carrier services, and I've cleared cache partition to no avail. Very aggravating.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and haven't experienced any lag since the April update. There were a bunch of other updates yesterday though - including Messages and GMail. Of note I use the Google keyboard rather than Samsung (if that matters).

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
could be that , and before you say I never had issue before, it's beta lol

I fully understand the potential for bugs while on a beta, I think we're all just stating that this issue is potentially wide spread on locked At&t devices after a system update and no user troubleshooting will fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko