Problems since upgrading to Android 13

neodoc427

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I recently got a Pixel 6Pro that came with Android 12. With that O/S, everything worked just fine. Then came the update to 13 and problems appeared. One specific problem is the BT connection to my car. Upon connecting, the phone immediately begins dialing itself (my own number) and if I hang up, it does again endlessly until I disconnect it from BT. Reconnecting then works fine... until I get a call. Answering sends the call to the phone, not the car, despite it saying it's connected. I then have to physically go and choose the car in the call routing on the phone for me to be able to talk hands-free. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Already tried unpairing and pairing the phone. Thanks for your time.

neodoc427

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
An update to the problem and solution offered. After clearing the Phone app cache, the phone stopped calling itself upon connecting to Bluetooth in the car, but then it started doing it again yesterday, heating up and draining my battery rather quickly. I delved deeper into looking for a potential cause and remembered that I had installed an app called System UI Tuner, so I could have the clock on my main screen display seconds. I uninstalled this app and voilà, the phone stopped calling itself. The problem now seems to be solved once and for all, and the phone somehow kept displaying the seconds on the clock. Happy all around.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
An update to the problem and solution offered. After clearing the Phone app cache, the phone stopped calling itself upon connecting to Bluetooth in the car, but then it started doing it again yesterday, heating up and draining my battery rather quickly. I delved deeper into looking for a potential cause and remembered that I had installed an app called System UI Tuner, so I could have the clock on my main screen display seconds. I uninstalled this app and voilà, the phone stopped calling itself. The problem now seems to be solved once and for all, and the phone somehow kept displaying the seconds on the clock. Happy all around.
Oh nice find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech