Prometheus movie stuttering

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Prometheus from Media Hub and then I downloaded Safe House from Google Play. The Safe House movie does not look as detailed but there is no stuttering, However the movie Prometheus can stutter in certain action scenes as if the system cannot keep up. Got so bad I did a reset and restore but even though the stuttering is nearly gone it is still there in certain scenes. I am almost to trade it in for an iPhone 5 so please help before I defect to the dark side!

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know tmo offered a update for this issue but not aware if any other carrier is doing it. I'll wait a bit before making that switch

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Still an annoying stutter every now and then. I went to AT&T store to see if they could fix it but the rep said no. Just to know my options I found they can either refund me or "upgrade" to an iPhone 5 but none in stock anywhere, even at the Apple store. Can't replace it since they do not carry refurbished GS3's at AT&T store. Meanwhile I will keep researching. Downloaded MX player but it will not play the movie and although Mobo player will play it there is no improvement.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Still an annoying stutter every now and then. I went to AT&T store to see if they could fix it but the rep said no. Just to know my options I found they can either refund me or "upgrade" to an iPhone 5 but none in stock anywhere, even at the Apple store. Can't replace it since they do not carry refurbished GS3's at AT&T store. Meanwhile I will keep researching. Downloaded MX player but it will not play the movie and although Mobo player will play it there is no improvement.

I think you're best bet is to trade your gs3 for a iphone 5 if one movie stutter is your major concern.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but I like the SG3 too much to do that. I've thought about it but I've come to the conclusion it's not a perfect phone but it's not worth going back to such a restrictive system. I downloaded Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol and it runs flawlessly so I'm beginning to think Prometheus is the exception rather than the rule. I appreciate your input and thanks again.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the same movie from Google Play instead of media Hub and Prometheus now plays great. I see in Media Hub the movie is cut off at the ends and fills the screen whereas Google Play shows the whole widescreen movie. I think this is the reason the Media Hub software causes glitches in the movie. Maybe there is a way for Media Hub to show this movie widescreen; but I see this is obviously the reason the movie is stuttering. Anyway, problem is solved at last. Verdict: do not download any more movies from Media Hub unless there is a way to play the movie in it's native widescreen format.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I also notice now on the Media Hub web page that this software is not compatible with my SG3 and yet it was installed when I bought the phone thru AT&T, who couldn't even figure out what the problem was when I bought the SG3 to them. I am wondering now what other incompatible software AT&T has installed on my SG3.:(

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Update: Was curious if updated version of Media Hub works with Prometheus movie. I updated the software and now it seems to work well. Also I am noticing Media Hub has the option of saving movies to your SD card once your internal memory on the Galaxy S3 runs out; a cool advantage that Google Play does not have. Glad I gave Media Hub a second try.

Cons: You can only download on a WiFi network (Google Play you don't need Wifi to download) and you can't, to my knowledge watch the movies you purchased full screen on a laptop like you can on Google Play.

Wish I could find an app with the ability to do the above AND let you choose to save movies on the extra SD card.

Last edited:

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually just manually move them to the External SD after download. It takes just a few minutes using Root Explorer, but the same can be done using the My Files app that comes with the S3.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel