Purple lines on screen.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've found I get purple lines on my screen when my phone gets warm/hot. I get one line just about half way up the phone & another about a third down from the top. I took screenshots but when I looked at the screenshots the purple lines where not there. Any idea how to fix this apart from keeping the P30 pro cool as we are hotter than Spain at the moment so it's a little hard.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not tried safe mode but will have to see next time I'm out & phone is warm/hot. Don't think it's burn in as it would be there all the time & it's not.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Didn't appear in safe mode but normally turning the phone off & on again fixes it for a little while. Thinking it maybe a hardware issue coz someone else has a white line flash across there screen but has an Oppo not Huawei.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like a hardware issue, maybe a loose contact that stops working when it heats up. With your fingers press the edges where those lines show up, before and after they appear. See what happens.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is one of the lines which only started to appear on Easter day. Normally the lines are horizontal which I'll still try to catch a picture of. The lines today have been coming & going when I was sat in a hot car.

Attachments

• 13017.jpg
    13017.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 8

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here is one of the lines which only started to appear on Easter day. Normally the lines are horizontal which I'll still try to catch a picture of. The lines today have been coming & going when I was sat in a hot car.
Yeah i see it , at this point use it until something happens

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The lines where a bit strange today as soon as they appeared a few minutes later they disappeared. Saw the right & left side meeting in the middle before disappearing.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The lines where a bit strange today as soon as they appeared a few minutes later they disappeared. Saw the right & left side meeting in the middle before disappearing.

I have seen a factory reset fix a problem like that. I had that on a phone and a reset fixed it for several more years. It was obviously a graphics driver issue (software), and the phone still works fine to this day. It's unlikely it would fix it, but there's a chance if it's worth the effort to you.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a factory reset fix a problem like that. I had that on a phone and a reset fixed it for several more years. It was obviously a graphics driver issue (software), and the phone still works fine to this day. It's unlikely it would fix it, but there's a chance if it's worth the effort to you.

Well I'm upgrading next week sometime so won't be using this phone much longer. But thank you for the information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non