Q - Good Mobile Messaging

jproctor9

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
spoke with my IT department. apparently, Good "certifies" and "registers" devices with specific OS. since 2.2 is not official, they have not "certified" for the Fascinate. this seems to be at least part of the issue. according to IT, they are working with Good to resolve. i am 1 of 20 with the issue (we employ ~20K) - lucky us.

for me, this seems to coincide with a new server update and release of GfE 1.7. i think the firm turned on root detection and other "security" features with this update.

hope this information is of some use. i'm supposed to check back in tomorrow to see if they have resolved. may be that they send me back to 2.1 - which is completely bogus IMNSHO.

kentompkins

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
As much as I just really want an answer to this problem... I have my doubts that that is the cause here. While I don't doubt that they certify devices as compatible by OS (their own site has a grid that shows which) - I have worked with my IT folks to try to resolve this app issue on DI01, DJ05, DL09, EA28 and EB01. It didn't seem to make a difference.

Could it be that there is a "memory" of a device being rooted and or non-standard ROM such that the MEID of the device flags it forever?

That also doesn't explain why my wife couldn't setup my account on her I-Phone 4. What if I just happened to switch from this Fascinate to an I-Phone... surely that's allowed... and yet it didn't work the other day.

For me this also seemed to coincide with server activity. We moved or "demo" of GOOD to a production server internally.

Still waiting for an explanation or a fix.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
At any time did you wipe your data filesystem? Also after you uninstalled the app did you check to see if there was anything hanging around from the previous install(usually in /data or /dbdata) These probably aren't fixes but just something to consider if there is potentially old config hanging around even after you uninstall the app.

kentompkins

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well choke my chicken and call me Jessica...

Guess what everybody...

I downgraded back from Froyo (Superclean 2.9) to Eclair (Supaclean 0.4) and it worked.

Good must really look for the associated OS on each device. Guess I will reconsider upgrading even when Froyo officially hits for the Fascinate.

I could have sworn that we tried to re-initialize on DI01, DJ05, DL09 and EA28...

I wonder if something else changed... at this point... I don't care.

Backing up now.

jproctor9

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
so i took my phone back to stock...completely. DI01 with an OTA update to EA28, and i am still getting a compliance check failure.

any ideas what i'm missing to get this phone to show no trace of its previously rooted life?

very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool