Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

goldentuna

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got given a Maxwell Air Voltage charger for Xmas and it works like a charm, seems to charge about as quickly as on mains.

Bright blue LED not ideal, but the charging area is large enough that you can hide it with the phone.

When not in use it makes a ticking noise, not something you'd notice unless you have it near your head though.

Whet can we find these? My searching hasn't turned any up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Now this is something I will buy!

There is one major issue with this charger. It stops charging when you hit 100%. I left it overnight and I think it was at 85% when I woke up. In theory its great but it has to be able to hold the charge at 100% and this charger won't do that.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
There is one major issue with this charger. It stops charging when you hit 100%. I left it overnight and I think it was at 85% when I woke up. In theory its great but it has to be able to hold the charge at 100% and this charger won't do that.

hmmmm so it won't keep it at 100%? That's strange.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's what I wanted to find out... I was at an ATT store today and saw the Nokia pad and put my phone down and started charging and was stoked because surprised it worked and also using a cruzerlite TPU case. But it kept going back and forth between showing Charging 75% and battery 75% and wanted to see if that was normal or should it just constantly say Charging. Too bad because it's a really nice looking base and for $50 not bad

univ_wireless_charging_plate_dt900_blk_uniwrlchgblk

Correction, does not work.

It'll say charging, but it will keep going on and off. Does not "hold" it charging.

TimInIreland

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Maxell Air Voltage charger for my Nexus 4. It charges the phone just as fast as the wall charger. But I turned my phone off last night before going to bed, and placed it on the pad to charge. When i woke this morning, the blue LED was still lit on the pad, I picked the phone up off the pad, and the phone was hot. Not at melting point or anything lol, but hot to touch on the back. Turned it on, and the battery was 83%
So my conclusion is the pad is only good for charging the phone, then once the pad turns off, you should really remove the phone. As the pad isn't designed to 'trickle' charge devices, to keep them at 100% charge? Am i right in thinking this ?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This eBay seller has "more than 10" Energizer dual station units available for Buy-It-Now price $59.95 plus $8.05 Priority Mail shipping.

I just ordered one so that my N4 and my wife's can spend the night together on the pad while we spend the night together in bed. Sort of romantic, don't you think?

Energizer Battery IC2B US Qi Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger Black | eBay

I bought one for my boyfriend too and thought the same thing about romantic. Hope she liked it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

RustyU

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So my conclusion is the pad is only good for charging the phone, then once the pad turns off, you should really remove the phone. As the pad isn't designed to 'trickle' charge devices, to keep them at 100% charge? Am i right in thinking this ?
My Maxwell turns on and off as and when it needs to.

sandozer

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
But why after 8 hours of my phone sitting on it, was the battery only 83%, thats what I cant understand..

I have a similar problem with the Panasonic TM-101. It always charges to 100% then switches off allowing slow discharge on phone. Not a problem if I am using phone during day as it starts charging as soon as placed back on charger.
My work around at night is to have a mains timer switch switch the charger Off/ON at around 5am. This initiates another charge cycle. Start the day at or near 100%.

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the charger a couple of days now. It doesn't like my tpu case I have figured that out. It does get it it close to 97 % and then shuts off. I haven't left it on there long enough after charge to figure out if it will kick back on at some point. This charging system seems to be a lot more finicky than the Palm system. I noticed though the phone does not get warm so thats a good thing.