Qi chargers

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently a Nexus 5 owner and I have a number of Qi chargers including a dash mount charger. The Nexus 6 has a curved back which worries me because I'm afraid that it will be precarously balanced on top of a standard Qi charger which has a flat surface. Can some Nexus 6 owners tell me how well it works with their old Qi chargers or if there are Qi chargers which are specifically build for the N6.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently a Nexus 5 owner and I have a number of Qi chargers including a dash mount charger. The Nexus 6 has a curved back which worries me because I'm afraid that it will be precarously balanced on top of a standard Qi charger which has a flat surface. Can some Nexus 6 owners tell me how well it works with their old Qi chargers or if there are Qi chargers which are specifically build for the N6.

I am using the TYTL Vu wireless charger without a problem... The Nexus 6 "Sweet Spot" seems to be slightly off center towards the bottom half of the device... I've seen and heard from people having issues with it connecting to other Qi chargers.. I know with the VU I've found it lines up better when I set the device on the charger in portrait position vs landscape because in landscape you have to make sure you move the phone slightly off center more towards the bottom of the device for it to line up good and keep charging... dead center on the charger it will go in and out of charging or not at all... Move it about 1/4 inch towards the base of the device and it locks on good........

If it's not lined up perfectly or at least close it can seriously slow the charging process... Which with the VU is taking me a shade over 3 hours 20 minutes to go from 5% to 100%....

Good luck....

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Has anyone tried the N6 with the Lerway Qi car mount? I've been using the Lerway with my N5 and I wouldn't consider living without it or an equivalent vent mount Qi charger.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I plan on using the Tylt Vu and this one: http://www.amazon.com/Koolpad-Wirel...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4106878

The koolpad is almost as big as the n6 and has a surface that should cradle the n6 perfectly as it curves. I can take pics if my phone ever gets here lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just wish Motorola/Google would make a wireless charger this year as they did for the previous 2 nexus devices.

Posted via the Android Central App