Qi Charging Options

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Neither of my verizon stores have jack for accessories for this phone. Apparently I was lucky to get a silicone skin case as they literally were just unpacked.

I went ahead and ordered a second battery and charger directly from Samnsung North America's site.

Unfortunately neither the NFC Qi battery cover or pad were available on their site. At least listed under accessories for the edge. Ended up buying both (oem) from a Korean ebay seller.

Has anyone used the Qi charging system yet with the edge? Assuming it works just fine. Looking forward to just flopping my phone on a pad and not fiddling with micro usb cables anymore.

I'm hoping at some point to be able to buy the batteries themselves. I had four for my note 3 which meant I never had to plug the phone in. Ever. Just kept cycling batteries. Unfortunately the phone is so new samsung only sells the battery with a charger and all the amazon stuff is aftermarket. Which I won't use anymore after having one start to plump in my note. I just don't trust the cheap ones....

Rob Zatkowski

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I've got a qi receiver from
ebay and a TYLT VU dock going on two weeks now on the Edge and the same on a Note 3 for some 14 months now. Works fine. Wife has same on S5 no problems

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a slow charge right? The rapid charge doesn't apply with the Qi charging?

Also, is the Qi battery cover identical in size to the standard one? I'm using an oem silicone case on the OEM battery cover and I hope to keep using it.

Can't wait to get my Qi stuff. I despise trying to plug micro USB cables in the dark :)

fitchalcyone

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Surprisingly, the wireless method charges pretty quickly, too. Probably not as fast as the regular fast charger, but it seems pretty close.

The charging back adds a little bit of thickness. If you look at the camera hump, the back will essentially level out the back of your phone to match the hump.

Posted via the Android Central App

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean a standard case will no longer fit the phone? I'm using the OEM silicone case now. My back and charging pad don't get delivered from Korea till next week unfortunately.

fitchalcyone

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
That's a good question and one I'm wanting to know, as well. I'd like to get a case but would rather give that up over Qi. If your case has any give, it may still work. We're taking about roughly one millimeter in thickness added.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golferchick