Question about S Pen

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, absolutely loving my Note 9. Such a MASSIVE upgrade from my beloved S5 which served me though really well. I have a question about the S pen.

In settings, I can't seem to keep enabled "Unlock with S pen". Every time I enabled this, the settings default back to "Don't use".

If I set "Unlock with S pen", lock the phone and then click the S pen, it opens to lock screen and prompts for fingerprint. When I unlock the phone on that settings screen that says" unlock with S pen", it's still open on" unlock with S pen" even though the S pen wouldn't unlock it.

However, anytime I set" unlock with S pen" and go to any other screen and lock the phone, I see that the S pen has defaulted back to" Don't use."

I'm wondering if I have done something in settings or security this to happen?
I have restarted the phone & reset the S pen. Thanks.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
However, anytime I set" unlock with S pen" and go to any other screen and lock the phone, I see that the S pen has defaulted back to" Don't use.

Figured out why mine wasn’t working. On the settings page where you turn on the “unlock with s pen” there is an “ok” at the bottom that you have to tap after changing the setting. You’ll then be prompted to enter your pin. Now it works.

In my case, I’m using a dark theme and all the settings screens are in black, so was the ok button. I couldn’t see it and didn’t know it was there.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Figured out why mine wasn’t working. On the settings page where you turn on the “unlock with s pen” there is an “ok” at the bottom that you have to tap after changing the setting. You’ll then be prompted to enter your pin. Now it works.

In my case, I’m using a dark theme and all the settings screens are in black, so was the ok button. I couldn’t see it and didn’t know it was there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I was also using a dark theme and yes, the" ok" button was obscured.

You guys are the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026