Question about Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am considering purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and in my research I read about the issue where this model and a few others were randomly sending photos to contacts without users permission or knowledge.

Was there ever any determination made to why this was happening? It's a very interesting problem to just randomly occur, and I'm just curious to learn more about it.

Obviously that issue was corrected with updates, and can no longer happen right?

Thanks everyone, good day to you all!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and in my research I read about the issue where this model and a few others were randomly sending photos to contacts without users permission or knowledge.

Was there ever any determination made to why this was happening? It's a very interesting problem to just randomly occur, and I'm just curious to learn more about it.

Obviously that issue was corrected with updates, and can no longer happen right?

Thanks everyone, good day to you all!

I used the S9 and I vaguely remember something about that.

It was Samsung's Messages app that was pushing photos and scheduled texts to random contacts. It was determined to be from all T-Mobile customers, with the theory that it coincided with an RCS/advanced messaging update that the carrier had just implemented.

I never had that issue because, 1. I'm on AT&T, and 2. I use Textra instead of Samsung's stock text app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174