Question about Samsungs Camera

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The main issue I have with Samsung and their cameras Is how slow It can be if not outside. I take a lot of photos of my kids especially when we are inside. The issue I consistently see is if they move ever so slightly, the sharpness is completely off and sometimes their face is blurry.

I have not had this issue with the pixel 2 or the iPhone X. I really want the galaxy note 9, but I had the galaxy S9 plus and I saw the same results.

Does anyone have any recommendations on resolving this issue? I do want to point out that I am a photographer and I understand how to take a good photo, how do use iso and shutter speeds etc...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The main issue I have with Samsung and their cameras Is how slow It can be if not outside. I take a lot of photos of my kids especially when we are inside. The issue I consistently see is if they move ever so slightly, the sharpness is completely off and sometimes their face is blurry.

I have not had this issue with the pixel 2 or the iPhone X. I really want the galaxy note 9, but I had the galaxy S9 plus and I saw the same results.

Does anyone have any recommendations on resolving this issue? I do want to point out that I am a photographer and I understand how to take a good photo, how do use iso and shutter speeds etc...
I have the Note 8 and I am not familiar with this as my son plays football, they move alot and I get great pics. I just have mine set on auto as I don't know anything about photography. The camera setup on the note 9 will be very similar the three S9+ so if that camera didn't get you the results you wanted, I wouldn't buy the Note.

akxsh

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site

This is strange .
Because I have S9+ and I love taking pictures of my friend while he plays Football . I can beat the photos taken with the photo taken by iPhone x .
I think you are using PRO mode for normal shootings. Try to use AUTO more or try not to switch between any other modes to take photos inside .

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually this is pretty common with all phones with indoor to poor lighting. Even with my S9+, Note 8, Pixel 2XL and iPhone X my kids can come out blurred if they move a little. I honestly don't depend on any mobile device to get good shots of my kids. I find it easier to always carry around my Sony RX100 V point and shoot for good shots of my kids. I have it holstered on my waist almost all the time.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Right, That outdoors where you have a abundance of light. Light is a cameras best friend, but when you’re inside or you don’t have a lot of natural light, That’s where I have run into issues with Samsung.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree with you, I have the pixel 2 xl as my work device and its unreal how fast and clear it is in low light. The IPhone X does a good job as well.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am just frustrated, Samsung claims to have the best low light camera, it seems to be rated every year as one of the best. Sometimes I wonder if these phones are only tested outdoors and not in all situations. I plan on giving the note 9 a chance, I’ve been a note fan since the three and I don’t want my iPhone any longer since I prefer android.

I have already pre-ordered it, my plan is to try it for a few months and if I can’t get the results I want, maybe the pixel 3 will be next.

I know this sounds pretty silly, I have a really good professional camera that I use, but I only use that when I take it out with me and I don’t always take it out with me, especially when I’m with my kids. My kids are both under three and sometimes when you are trying to catch moments that are unpredictable, your phone is your best option.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Even if they move you still have the motion camera. You can rewind the image back and take another image of the exact moment you may want. Many YouTube comparisons have determined Samsung's camera is better than iPhone. I have a dog, imagine trying to get photos of him

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawyer8