Question Question about videocalls on smartphone

Marcony0106

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Hi people...i was wondering if anyone knows..can long lasting video calls damage internals of smartphone (particularly Galaxy S23) or battery vapour chamber etc?? I mean videocalls (Whatsapp, Teams) which are about 3-5hours without stop?? Sorry if question is stupid but i really wanna know

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of that being an issue with any phone. The only problems I can think of would be the phone overheating or screen burn-in. Most modern phones automatically throttle performance if they detect too much heat production, and screen burn-in would only happen if the image were static, so either of those problems would be extremely rare.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Marcony0106

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Even if it persist like a month every day 4-5 hrs of wap videocall? My galaxy S23 was warm during videocall but not hot.. Ok like i said it's dumb question but only curios about that
I have never heard of that being an issue with any phone. The only problems I can think of would be the phone overheating or screen burn-in. Most modern phones automatically throttle performance if they detect too much heat production, and screen burn-in would only happen if the image were static, so either of those problems would be extremely rare.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any stress testing that might be done along these lines, but it's still just a regular feature of the phone that you're using a lot. I suppose that since intensive video calling will tend to use a lot of battery, it will contribute a bit to the eventual degradation of the battery, but so will anything that's battery-intensive.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej