Question for canadians

Elky64

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
No Android 10 on mine here in Canada w/rumors stating Q2 2020 buuuut... considering mine has only received a single update (January's security patch) since purchasing at launch wouldn't hold my breath on this one. And LG is keeping pretty tight lipped on the subject of support as I've only gotten song and dances when they reply back to my questions on these subjects.

In my opinion it's a great device for the price, nope by no means perfect yet very capable and that DualScreen add considerable functionality if utilized. In saying that though, support (as already mention) isn't looking good not at all. Been just 6+ months sure but a very poor showing out of the gate imo so hard to recommend for that reason alone.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
No Android 10 on mine here in Canada w/rumors stating Q2 2020 buuuut... considering mine has only received a single update (January's security patch) since purchasing at launch wouldn't hold my breath on this one. And LG is keeping pretty tight lipped on the subject of support as I've only gotten song and dances when they reply back to my questions on these subjects.

In my opinion it's a great device for the price, nope by no means perfect yet very capable and that DualScreen add considerable functionality if utilized. In saying that though, support (as already mention) isn't looking good not at all. Been just 6+ months sure but a very poor showing out of the gate imo so hard to recommend for that reason alone.

That's a shame... I'll probably wait to see if the Pixel 4a suits me then. Regular Pixel devices are too expensive for my budget and I'm not a huge fan of having only internal memory so I'm of course willing to get an OEM. I always get frustrated with devices without proper support. Samsung of all companies is pretty good now. I've got the S9 Plus at the moment and I've gotten all monthly patches and Android 10 at the beginning of March. That's pretty much my limit.

Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:

Elky64

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
That's a shame... I'll probably wait to see if the Pixel 4a suits me then. Regular Pixel devices are too expensive for my budget and I'm not a huge fan of having only internal memory so I'm of course willing to get an OEM. I always get frustrated with devices without proper support. Samsung of all companies is pretty good now. I've got the S9 Plus at the moment and I've gotten all monthly patches and Android 10 at the beginning of March. That's pretty much my limit.

Thanks for your help! :)

You're welcome...

It sure is a shame even more so that I don't have that good feeling its going to improve.

Was contemplating another Pixel myself (have the 2 XL) and was thinking about the 4a as well. Yet Google has been awfully slow in getting with the program in regards to batteries and base storage, 3080 mAh and 64GB doesn't entice me enough if that's what it ends up with... 3500 mAh and 128GB likely would have done it.

Yeah Samsung appears to have improved yet considering what they are charging for some of their devices now (S20-series) they should be. Still could do better in my opinion though.

I'm the same when it comes to support or the lack thereof from some OEMs, frustrates me to no end. The biggest problem is one doesn't know what they actually ended up with until they've run the course in 2-3 years. And too many OEMs state one thing and deliver another like monthly security patches that never are.

Anyway hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiddl5051