Question on HDMI mirroring

ssells

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Bionic will be my first Android phone. Is there a limit to what the Bionic will HDMI mirror? For example, will it mirror Hulu and Netflix streaming, Blockbuster rentals, purchased movies or is it just my own created content? Thanks!

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Bionic will be my first Android phone. Is there a limit to what the Bionic will HDMI mirror? For example, will it mirror Hulu and Netflix streaming, Blockbuster rentals, purchased movies or is it just my own created content? Thanks!

In bworley's epic thread, he mirrored Netflix to his TV

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my wifes droid 3 has hdmi mirroring too and I have put netflix on the tv in my bedroom so yeah it will put up all those things.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What about,the nfl mobile app? I would love to,stream the redzone channel on sunday

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I tried it last night and everytime it was connected to HDMI it wouldn't play. As soon as I disconnected it the video played fine so it looks like they blocked it which is lame.

Bogie

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the cable and hooked my 52" Sharp LCD up to it but it complains about the sound output from the phone not being compatible. It does play sound but it has some "clicks and pops" in it.

-Bogie

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I hooked mine up to a monitor with HDMI at work, and it doesn't display anything. This should "just work", right? I only saw one option under Settings->HDMI for Overscan. Does the monitor not like the Bionic, or am I missing something here?

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I found the mirroring wont work with copyright type stuff.. HBO Go and NFL Mobile will NOT output to the TV. Youtube and just about everything Ive tried will. Depends on the app I guess.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I hooked mine up to a monitor with HDMI at work, and it doesn't display anything. This should "just work", right? I only saw one option under Settings->HDMI for Overscan. Does the monitor not like the Bionic, or am I missing something here?

Yes, it should just work. Sure there isnt an "input" setting on your monitor that you might have to change?

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just tried out Slingplayer Mobile. It WILL mirror.

It actually looks fairly decent on HQ Mode..
Zumocast also will mirror

THis is sweet :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EverCurious