Question on purchasing unlocked HTC One S on ebay

tylerilyn

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I saw a listing for an unlocked HTC One S on ebay and thought I might purchase one.

However, I noticed it says, "It works on ANY GSM NETWORKS IN THE WORLD, with an exception of T-Mobile, Solavei, Simple mobile and any networks under T-Mobile."

What does that mean exactly? Does it mean T-Mobile has the IMEI on some kind of block list? I've tried probing T-Mobile to see if they have the ability to check an IMEI #, but they seem clueless every time I call and ask about doing such a thing. I guess the only way is to try and activate it.

Now, if I intend to use it only with Net10, Straight Talk or AT&T, will it be okay to use the phone as long as I wish?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I saw a listing for an unlocked HTC One S on ebay and thought I might purchase one.

However, I noticed it says, "It works on ANY GSM NETWORKS IN THE WORLD, with an exception of T-Mobile, Solavei, Simple mobile and any networks under T-Mobile."

What does that mean exactly? Does it mean T-Mobile has the IMEI on some kind of block list? I've tried probing T-Mobile to see if they have the ability to check an IMEI #, but they seem clueless every time I call and ask about doing such a thing. I guess the only way is to try and activate it.

Now, if I intend to use it only with Net10, Straight Talk or AT&T, will it be okay to use the phone as long as I wish?

If it works on AT&T it should work on T-Mobile.... strange. Ask the seller how or who unlocked the device.... they or a carrier. The issue may be with the unlocking of the device. If you're being told you can use it on any GSM carrier, but not on T-Mobile... that's a red flag to me. I would ask the seller alot of questions.

tylerilyn

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
If it works on AT&T it should work on T-Mobile.... strange. Ask the seller how or who unlocked the device.... they or a carrier. The issue may be with the unlocking of the device. If you're being told you can use it on any GSM carrier, but not on T-Mobile... that's a red flag to me. I would ask the seller alot of questions.
I was thinking it may mean that it is "blocked" but not "blacklisted" on T-Mobile, so it would work on AT&T's network. I am going to try contacting T-Mobile over chat and maybe they will understand better what I am asking and be able to help me. I just want to know if they will be able to tell me whether an IMEI is on their list or not. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

Yes, lots of red flags on eBay and even more/most on CL...

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking it may mean that it is "blocked" but not "blacklisted" on T-Mobile, so it would work on AT&T's network. I am going to try contacting T-Mobile over chat and maybe they will understand better what I am asking and be able to help me. I just want to know if they will be able to tell me whether an IMEI is on their list or not. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

Yes, lots of red flags on eBay and even more/most on CL...

Yeah... just seem strange. Best of luck to you and hopefully it all works out for ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel