Questions about the Huawei P20 pro

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Never mind I found out how to stop Twitter vibrating every time a notification comes through.

Got another question though I've activated the always on display but will this burn in on my screen?

Holair

Jun 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys. Could anyone record a 60 fps video of Huawei P20 Pro running Sonic Forces Speed Battle game? I wanna get this phone, but I'm not sure it will perform good framerate (60) in this game I play every day. And there are no shops in my city to test it live. So I need some help here. Thanks.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
That's not it.
Try swiping down from the top of your screen. I believe on the right side of the notification shade, you should see a check box to toggle auto brightness on or off. I think it's right at the end of the brightness slider.

Turn off natural tone just to make sure though.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh wait I've found automatic brightness & yeah it's on but I need it to be on so the screen adjusts to the brightness outside.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
And when you go into settings, display, there is no option for brightness?

From what I can find online, it looks like it could be a bug in newer Huawei phones or they programmed the phone to change the display brightness to conserve battery.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
And when you go into settings, display, there is no option for brightness?

From what I can find online, it looks like it could be a bug in newer Huawei phones or they programmed the phone to change the display brightness to conserve battery.

There is an option for brightness I found it in settings next to the brightness slider (wasn't looking properly first time) so that maybe doing it?

Kinda hope it's not a bug but if it is maybe it will get fixed in a future update?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
There is an option for brightness I found it in settings next to the brightness slider (wasn't looking properly first time) so that maybe doing it?

Kinda hope it's not a bug but if it is maybe it will get fixed in a future update?
Glad you found that.
Big question is, did it work???

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Glad you found that.
Big question is, did it work???

Turning auto brightness off doesn't make the brightness slider move. I went into a bright room & turned it back on & the brightness slider moved by itself so it's the auto brightness doing it. Will leave it on coz I need to be able to see the screen outside.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Do not disturb you will not get vibrations where silent you will still get vibrations

I found somewhere in settings that I can turn off vibrations while in silent. When I'm asleep I don't want the phone vibrating or ringing so I disabled vibrations while in silent mode.

Also for some reason my reminders don't go off in Google calendar. They still go off on my old phone but they don't go off on this phone. Will I have to put the reminder in the calendar that came preloaded on the phone instead?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't no why but my phone froze when I tried to exit the Twitter app. Hope that was a one off otherwise I'll be getting a replacement. Had to hold down the power button to force the phone to restart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali