Questions for a friend making the switch to Android

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody, I need some advice. My friend has a Blackberry, not sure what model and she wants to make the switch to Android. She had some questions that I dont know the answers to though so I am seeking advice here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Questions are as follows:

1. She has a lot of info on her phone, such as 1000+ notes in her memo pad with customer account info (She is an Aflak rep) and contacts that would take way too long to type it all over again! Is there some way to get all the info she needs off of her Blackberry and onto an Android device?
2. Which Android phone has the best camera? She is also a ski instructor and she loves the clarity of her Blackberry camera while she is sking backwards taking pics of her students. She takes a lot of pictures even when she isnt at the mountain.

I think she has Verizon but I am not sure, all I know is they are giving her any phone she wants because she has been with the carrier for 10 years and when she originally was going to make the switch to Android a month or so ago an employee "accidentally" erased her SD card that had like 5000 pics on it and some of the people that were in the pictures have passed away and she cant get the pictures back! She knows that she should have loaded the pics on to her computer, but really, how in the heck do you accidentally delete a customers memory card!? Thanks for checking out my post!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
As for the phone recommendation I would have to recommend the Galaxy SIII. Probably one of the best phones on the market right now. Or perhaps a Galaxy Nexus :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Nobody knows how to get her info from BlackBerry to Android???

I honestly don't think its possible because they're two different OS's. However, someone on here with a little more experience may be able to help you further. You MIGHT be able to do it through Bluetooth.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Nobody knows how to get her info from BlackBerry to Android???

I think Android will read .vcf files and convert them to contacts.... I don't know how to get the BB contacts into a .vcf file. Try googling maybe?

As for the phone, if your friend only requires a good camera then the HOX or the S3 should do. Or tell us
anything more she'd like in her phone.

Author of NoobTech:
http://wp.me/2uu9r

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Gnex on Verizon? Don't do that to her, that's just mean. Any other carrier, go right ahead.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Can she not move all the files, pics, and notes to either Box or Dropbox? I have a BlackBerry on Sprint and that's how I move stuff around between all of my devices and laptop.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can she not move all the files, pics, and notes to either Box or Dropbox? I have a BlackBerry on Sprint and that's how I move stuff around between all of my devices and laptop.

+1 to the drop box option. There could also be a way using the blackberry desktop manager to get the notes synced into an email address such as Gmail. But not sure

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I think Android will read .vcf files and convert them to contacts.... I don't know how to get the BB contacts into a .vcf file. Try googling maybe?

As for the phone, if your friend only requires a good camera then the HOX or the S3 should do. Or tell us
anything more she'd like in her phone.

Author of NoobTech:
http://wp.me/2uu9r

What is a HOX?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear