quick how to on how to use samsung pay, at the gas pump

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I tried your technique and it works great.

Is there a trick to doing this? Is the crucial part not to leave your card in for more than a second? Perhaps, I do, and I get an error message immediately saying to insert the card again, when I remove the card, before I have a chance to get my phone near the slot. I am so frustrated. I really want to get this to work. What could I be doing wrong?

akil316

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet but you should probably already have the phone near the reader before you even put the card inside, I'll be trying this in a coupe days when I need gas ^_^.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet but you should probably already have the phone near the reader before you even put the card inside, I'll be trying this in a coupe days when I need gas ^_^.

There has to be more to having success than that. My phone is ready by the reader as I pull out the card, but the reader isn't going to read the phone, if the pump is asking me to insert the card again.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've tried it on some pumps here and couldn't get it to work. I've also had issues on in store PoS devices where the magnetic strip reader is to deep in the swipe part of the device.

shellbell94

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
How does that happen? Is there even a human who ever sees your card number at the pump?

Actually, there are thieves who put a device inside the card reader so when you use your card it copies your information. Paying at the pump isn't recommended for that reason. I still have been, despite knowing that. I'm going to try to get Samsung pay to work so I don't risk that anymore.

Acsus Kast

Jan 8, 2018
Visit site
It's gotta be fast. You have to have them quick hands works like a charm. Like he said keep the phone next to the reader. I had the same exact problem as you. This is a major break thru

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali