Quick thoughts from long time iphone user

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a very heavy user too. But assuming your usage is the same on both devices it's still not getting as much life as when you had a 6plus, even though it's battery is much larger?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Well Android is customizable and it needs a bigger battery to support its operating system... Apple is very one sided.. And doesn't need the extra umph. That's why Android has faster processors Apple doesn't need it because they're very vanilla.

Posted via the Android Central App

NuMotiv

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
The battery life is indeed less than my Iphone 6 plus despite having a bigger battery. However the screen is a much higher resolution which probably has something to do with the life. Regardless the edge has solid battery life. Especially when you have a fast wireless charger that you can throw it down on when you are at the desk.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It is better than the 6s battery yes.... I had the 6s for like 2 days and went in and traded for the 6s plus. And I'm ok with the battery life... And like I said mophie will be issuing a case soon so then it will be awesomely better

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It is better than the 6s battery yes.... I had the 6s for like 2 days and went in and traded for the 6s plus. And I'm ok with the battery life... And like I said mophie will be issuing a case soon so then it will be awesomely better

I switched from the 5c to this and I love it. I wasn't feeling it with the iphone6 or plus or whatever. I was like same phone but bigger... like u said in your first post this phone really feels "premium". Now my 5c feels so small lol. I'm still learning stuff about my new phone, I'm glue to this forum and Droid articles, reading stuff 😆. I just learned a few days ago about "launchers".

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I switched from the 5c to this and I love it. I wasn't feeling it with the iphone6 or plus or whatever. I was like same phone but bigger... like u said in your first post this phone really feels "premium". Now my 5c feels so small lol. I'm still learning stuff about my new phone, I'm glue to this forum and Droid articles, reading stuff 😆. I just learned a few days ago about "launchers".

That's the thing every iPhone looks and feels the same I was even looking at leaks for the iPhone 7 series which it doesnt look like a lot is going to change ... Again. And that is really disappointing.. Especially being a fan of Apple products and teetering from both devices.

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
That's the thing every iPhone looks and feels the same I was even looking at leaks for the iPhone 7 series which it doesnt look like a lot is going to change ... Again. And that is really disappointing.. Especially being a fan of Apple products and teetering from both devices.

Yeah. I think Apple died the day Jobs died. I read somewhere that they are going to release four phones this year.. 🤔🤔

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I read 3 and the plus series is going pro.. So we shall see the 7 series isnt going to be water resistant.. Maybe image stabilization for all the phones in this series and definatley going Bluetooth for headphones. Only time will tell.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I made the switch from the 6s plus to the s7 edge. The battery life has gotten a lot better since I started using the device.. I'm guessing it just needed a few days to work out the kinks...but I love being able to customize. That's why I keep going back... Plus expandible memory.. Feature iPhone won't get ever. Yes it's nice having a device that going to receive updates for a while but most phones have a shelf life of 2 years... And Apple is included in this category. But the fact that Apple refuses to make big changes should leave users disappointed. The biggest thing that I've had to adjust to is the comfortability of itunes. But that's about it.

Give yourself a favor and download poweramp music player from play store to play all your stored music, it's the best - be sure to buy the full version after you try the free version, you won't regret it.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Give yourself a favor and download poweramp music player from play store to play all your stored music, it's the best - be sure to buy the full version after you try the free version, you won't regret it.

Can I just say thanks... Sorry for some reason I'm anxiety girl for the weirdest things... But I am going to do this after I get the kids to bed :)

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I never stay with a single phone long anymore. All of them are so cheaply made. I have the 6s+, 950xl, and g4 . I had the note 5, but battery life was a problem. I too had culture shock with the android and IOS, coming from Windows Phone. I still do. Though I'm very happy with the 6s+, I didn't hesitate to preorder the edge. Its backordered, and due next week. The iPhone helped get me away from the windows live tiles.

I went into best buy today to hold the edge. I'm pretty sure this is a good choice. I even stopped at a tmo store to hold it again. I'm pretty excited. Thing is, having the flagship device from the 3 OS's, whenever I'm in doubt I only have to pop the sim and try it out. Instant proof. I remain excitedly guarded for the edge, read with interest everything posted on the issues.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 6S and a 6S+ back in December and loved using them. I kind of started getting bored with them not long after. I've also had every iPhone since the original in 2007.

Once the S7 Edge was available to order, I ordered it and I've had it for just over a week now.

Two days ago, I turned off all my iPhones (5S, 6+, 6S+. 6S) and put them all in a drawer.

The S7 Edge is the only Android phone that has made me want to finally quit using those iPhones and it is the phone I've been waiting for!

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I agree with all of the above I just find myself sorta missing the whole safety of having a reliable phone. Although my first 6s was a dud it was nice knowing that the phone was going to update when all of the others did. I think that's the only honest reason I miss ios .. Dependability. I see so many people with Android issues and update issues... Never really had that with iPhone

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Download the Apple music app from the playstore.

This is what I've done. I am still on the three month Apple Music trial and I actually like it much better then Google Music.

Since I am an iTunes Match subscriber, all my iTunes music is available in the cloud through the app, all 13,000+ tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia