Quickoffice??

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
does this come pre-loaded on my droid? whenever i try to open a word file or excel file, it says it tries to open it with quickoffice, but it never works, a box pops up and says "cannot open this file". but this is not in my apps section or anything to update or even delete.

nothing ever works with it, so what good is it? i dl'd the free docs to go, and that works, but it takes up alot of sape so i deleted it. but i may have to go back to it. i dont need to edit, i just simply need to be able to view word and excel fles from time to time.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have found that it prompts QuickOffice for a lot of file formats that it cannot actually open. It does come on the Droid natively and it does work with .doc files and basis text documents.

Don't worry about space. We've been trained by years of not enough room and huge programs. You've got plenty of space on there for programs. You also may want to grab docs to go before it goes off sale. It's only $10 right now. It will be back to $30 soon, which is what iphone, WinMo and BB people have to pay. They are talking about integrating it with GoogleDocs down the road.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have found that it prompts QuickOffice for a lot of file formats that it cannot actually open. It does come on the Droid natively and it does work with .doc files and basis text documents.

Don't worry about space. We've been trained by years of not enough room and huge programs. You've got plenty of space on there for programs. You also may want to grab docs to go before it goes off sale. It's only $10 right now. It will be back to $30 soon, which is what iphone, WinMo and BB people have to pay. They are talking about integrating it with GoogleDocs down the road.

i did actually put docs to go back on, the free version. but i may buy it. thing is, i only really need to view word and excel which is what the free version offers, and i dont need to edit, so it just might be a waste for me.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If that is all you do, then you're probably safe to stay with the free one.

It's kind of annoying that Google doesn't have an Android interface for all of their products. I understand in Desktop land, they want you to use an internet browser to access everything, but they would be better off having individual apps on Android. For example, how is there not a dedicated Picasa app or integrate it into the gallery app. Seriously?

How come my saved addresses on Google Maps online aren't synced into my phone? I know you can have a My Maps layer, but I mean the presets like work and home, that automatically populate when I start typing them online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts