Ram Plus

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
What's the deal with RAM Plus on the Galaxy S series. I've read that it should be disabled because it actually slows down the phone and causes additional battery drain. And on the other hand I've read where it should be activated because it keeps apps open in the solid state drive. Which one is true? Will my S21 plus work better with it activated or deactivated?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A little bit of both? If it's keeping apps 'open', these are consuming more resources than a sleeping/closed app. As a result, your phone's performance may suffer if too many of these are kept open, your battery life could decrease if the same case is true, but that also means apps that are kept awake open more quickly and your phone may seem 'snappier' with these apps.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, both of those perspectives are kind of correct.

You should turn it off though, because it's worthless. You have 12GB of RAM, and Samsung are pretty aggressive with killing running apps. Also actual RAM is considerably faster than virtual memory.

Trash feature is trash.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, both of those perspectives are kind of correct.

You should turn it off though, because it's worthless. You have 12GB of RAM, and Samsung are pretty aggressive with killing running apps. Also actual RAM is considerably faster than virtual memory.

Trash feature is trash.

Actually 8GB of RAM

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had my Ram Plus turned off...several days ago...not sure when but I checked it today and it was turned back on! I just updated this morning with the latest update (like so many of you did) and wonder if the update turned it back on???
Can anyone else check to see if there's was off and now back on?
TU!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I had my Ram Plus turned off...several days ago...not sure when but I checked it today and it was turned back on! I just updated this morning with the latest update (like so many of you did) and wonder if the update turned it back on???
Can anyone else check to see if there's was off and now back on?
TU!
Mine was off prior to the update and is still off. I'm running factory unlocked. Screenshot_20240223_133152_Device care.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams