Random loss of 3G / data network

jeffreyd_tx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, I only have 3g < 5% of the time. Called VZW and they think it is the phone after troubleshooting. I searched the net and didn't find any articles or posting with people experiencing the same. Any input from anyone with the same issue? They are sending me a new phone but wondering if it is something else.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
so you see the 1x symbol instead of 3g? I've seen that a few times, but it's only been rare for me. At home i'm on wifi always so i rarely even see the 3G symbol anyways.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Quick question - do you have more than 60 apps installed?

This wouldn't be the first time I've heard of Android devices having connection issues as the app count grows. And no, it makes no sense to me either, but that was singled out as the common suspect in a number of cases.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the problem where I'll be sitting in my house with full bars and 3g and suddenly it will out of no where lose signal and then drop to 1x... Probably 95% of the time it's fine and solid 3g but when this happens it's annoying... It would appear to be a phone issue and not a service issue as my wifes verizon phone never drops signal like that.

andrew99

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the problem where I'll be sitting in my house with full bars and 3g and suddenly it will out of no where lose signal and then drop to 1x... Probably 95% of the time it's fine and solid 3g but when this happens it's annoying... It would appear to be a phone issue and not a service issue as my wifes verizon phone never drops signal like that.

I've seen that as well on my phone. 3/4 3g signal then drop to one bar of 1x then back to 3g a few times. meanwhile the girlfriends phone has full consistant 3g signal. She has former Alltel , not sure if that matters at this point though.

DaveIsAwesome

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I was having a problem the other day where my phone was constantly in 1x instead of 3g (this was also eating my battery up I believe). I just did a *228 option 2 and have been fine ever sense.