RCS on AT&T Connecting

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: RCS on AT&T Connecting

Uninstalled updates, restarted phone, updated the app. RCS is still not functioning. Still in the "Connecting" mode. ?? Other than no RCS functions, Messages works just fine with all of my contacts. Not sure what else to do.
I have unlocked model on AT&T and whenever I swap my SIM back into the Pixel4 if I run into that Connecting issue usually turning off WiFi kicks it through or keep WiFi off and reboot. That seems to work for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm using the beta version of the messages app. I did force stop it, and restarted the phone. I didn't see an option to uninstall the latest update.
Opt out of beta....clear data ,cache,force stop message app after should be available wait few minutes

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Now, when going into Settings/Chat features/ I get a message that says this device doesn't support Chat features. Carrier doesn't support this feature. I'll check again in the morning. Thanks for both responses. Having WiFi calling enabled wouldn't affect this would it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Now, when going into Settings/Chat features/ I get a message that says this device doesn't support Chat features. Carrier doesn't support this feature. I'll check again in the morning. Thanks for both responses. Having WiFi calling enabled wouldn't affect this would it?
Turn wifi calling off , just incase , also restart the device

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
No longer in the Messages beta. Cache and Data have been cleared. WiFi calling is off. Phone has been restarted. Turned WiFi off/on. Uninstalled updates. Version 4.4.083 Chat features not available. If I update the app to 5.4.087 Chat features is available, but in Status, I get the orange-colored "Connecting."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No longer in the Messages beta. Cache and Data have been cleared. WiFi calling is off. Phone has been restarted. Turned WiFi off/on. Uninstalled updates. Version 4.4.083 Chat features not available. If I update the app to 5.4.087 Chat features is available, but in Status, I get the orange-colored "Connecting."
Ok wait few minutes

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean.
6dc5508dd4557cabb474bfb03241f06a.jpg

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I should have mentioned, I've had RCS on my Pixel 4XL for a long time on Verizon. Had been working fine. Swapped my SIM into my Note 10+ and couldn't get RCS to work. It kept saying it was trying to verify my number. I'd key my number in and it would continue to say it was trying to verify and I'd never get RCS to work. It has worked fine on my Note in the past. Swapped SIM back into Pixel 4XL and now can't get RCS to work on my Pixel. Was on beta and switched back and forth. Did all the suggestions recommended above but still no RCS. Just says "connecting." This has been going on for two days. Weird.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I also noticed that it depends on location for connection. Sometimes when I'm in a building that inhibits the propagation of electromagnetic radiation, RCS does not work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci