Read receipt on stock messaging app?

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I got 3 buddies who have samsung devices, 2 Edge Plus and one Note. All 3 of them claim to be able to see when the other is typing and show's when the message has been read, just like iMessage. My Note has never done that. I've checked settings and don't see any option to enable this. They are on T-Mobile while i'm on AT&T I assume that's where the problem is. Anyone else experience this?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I got 3 buddies who have samsung devices, 2 Edge Plus and one Note. All 3 of them claim to be able to see when the other is typing and show's when the message has been read, just like iMessage. My Note has never done that. I've checked settings and don't see any option to enable this. They are on T-Mobile while i'm on AT&T I assume that's where the problem is. Anyone else experience this?

Under More/Settings/More Settings/Multimedia Messages

SmartSelectImage.jpg

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
All I have is Group Conversations, auto retrieve, and set restrictions. I don't have any other options under multimedia messages.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a carrier driven function. T Mobile implemented Rich Communication Services for some devices that allows for the transfer of files up to 10mb, read receipts and see when their other person is typing. AT&T is starting the same service but are calling it Advanced Messaging. I have a S6 Active provided through work. Yesterday it received the 5.1.1 update and along with that it got Advanced Messaging and Video Calling. For now with AT&T, it's only only the S6 Active and S5 Mini.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Being able to see if someone is typing is a nice feature that Hangouts and iMessage have. Not sure if Verizon will enable this feature for the stock Messaging app, but would be a good feature addition.

Rsing4Mn

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
If I received the pop up notification of the read receipt but I want to be able to go back and see who in a group message did/did not receive the message is there a log or some sort of list where I can find that information?