Reading email or text full screen

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone had the chance to read text full screen on the Edge? I'm interested in knowing if text becomes a little difficult to read on the edges of the scree. I've not seen and maybe missed comments on this. I am interested in the Edge, but not if text becomes fuzzy on the sides.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Reading Email's or Using Apps like Kindle on the Edge

Anyone had the chance to read text full screen on the Edge? I'm interested in knowing if text becomes a little difficult to read on the edges of the scree. I've not seen and maybe missed comments on this. I am interested in the Edge, but not if text becomes fuzzy on the sides.
I don't think there will be anything to worry about when it comes to reading text full screen. From what I can tell, the text ends at the edge before the screen curves. So there will be a white gap on the sides where the screen curves.

What phone do you have now?

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

I have the 1st Gen Moto X Dev. I have really enjoyed the phone, but looking forward to the S6 Edge.... I plan on pre-ordering.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I don't think the Edge is big enough to have this issue. I had the same concern as well but after watching lots of YouTube videos and never seeing that problem as well as nobody else that's reviewed it ever bringing it up, I'd say it's fine. If anything, I think the Edge version just gives it more of a bezel-less look. There's not really any content that's on the sides.

ollihandro

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I don't think the Edge is big enough to have this issue. I had the same concern as well but after watching lots of YouTube videos and never seeing that problem as well as nobody else that's reviewed it ever bringing it up, I'd say it's fine. If anything, I think the Edge version just gives it more of a bezel-less look. There's not really any content that's on the sides.

That's the perspective I had as well, judging from video reviews.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
How I understand it is the edges aren't bent as sharply as on the note edge. The bend is more subtle. Therefore looking at it straight on there isn't that much distortion and in reality I don't think many apps run text edge to edge on the screen. Usually there is a margin.
I'm more concerned about on screen keyboards. They usually run edge to edge. I don't want my p and q on the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
How I understand it is the edges aren't bent as sharply as on the note edge. The bend is more subtle. Therefore looking at it straight on there isn't that much distortion and in reality I don't think many apps run text edge to edge on the screen. Usually there is a margin.
I'm more concerned about on screen keyboards. They usually run edge to edge. I don't want my p and q on the edge.

You'll be happy to see this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3VsVZxE28&t=300

Edit: Sorry, I tried to link it to a certain time but the forum removed it. Fast forward to the 5 minute mark if you want to see where she talks about the on screen keyboard.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that video. I have two points.
1. What manner of sorcery allowed you to send me that video qued up to the five minute mark?
2. That woman types fast!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that video. I have two points.
1. What manner of sorcery allowed you to send me that video qued up to the five minute mark?
2. That woman types fast!

Right click on the video and select "Get video URL at current time"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419