really really annoying spam "NOTIFICATIONS"

miltk

May 27, 2010
Visit site
so i dont know if this is a thing because i see posts about robo calls and emails

that is not the problem here. i get spam notifications. that is, they're spam redirects?(wrong terminology?) and come-ons but they only pop up in my notifications at the top.

i don't answer them of course but they do have links. they are not emails. they are mostly financial in nature.

all i do is "clear" them and that's that..... but during the course of the day i probably get about 100 or more of them in my notification bar. my apps are minimal and basic and i have added nothing new

samsung s22...one UI 6.1....android14

miltk

May 27, 2010
Visit site
It may be that they're Chrome notifications from websites that you unwittingly agreed to at some point. Can you show us a screenshot of some example notifications? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

from the pull down notification bar at the top

they are identified by this particular icon, hilited here,,,as opposed to a normal gmail notification at the bottom. if it is a samsung notification i would not be surprised. i am starting to get really po'd at samsung. it's very intrusive

might it be a google notification??? they come literally in flurries.....thx

Screenshot_20240526_115319_One UI Home.jpg

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
from the pull down notification bar at the top

they are identified by this particular icon, hilited here,,,as opposed to a normal gmail notification at the bottom. if it is a samsung notification i would not be surprised. i am starting to get really po'd at samsung. it's very intrusive

might it be a google notification??? they come literally in flurries.....thx

View attachment 362793
The first three you circled is definitely Google Chrome, so that's where those are coming from (it's also why I disabled Chrome and use Firefox instead).

That last one is from Samsung's own Device Care app. That's a different thing and unrelated.

Edited - that last icon is actually Samsung's Digital Wellbeing app. Not Device Care. You can stop those notifications in "Settings" > "Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls".

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Clear cache and force stop the chrome app.

You can block those ads in chrome with this method.

To block ads:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Network and Internet
  3. Select Advanced (this step may not be necessary depending on which phone you have.(
  4. Select Private DNS
  5. Select Private DNS provider hostname
  6. Enter dns.adguard.com
  7. Select Save
  8. Restart your phone

Found this method to block ads . This is a fantastic YT site for showing so many things you may not know. I have been watching alot lately. The first part of the video is a visual view of the steps above. The rest of the video are some really good tips. The content creator is very thorough and I find new stuff every time I watch his videos.

miltk

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
you might be right. i turned off chrome notification and so far so good. i got a gmail notification so that's good. all i care about are email and message notifications...all the personal stuff
In case there are websites that you do want notifications from, you can also block notifications from individual sites. Click the 3-dot menu button at the upper right of Chrome, then Settings>Privacy & Security>Site Settings>Notifications. Then scroll down to the "Allowed to send notifications" list, and for any site you want to block, click the 3-dot menu button to the right of it, and select Block.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
it WAS chrome notifications,,,although i have no idea why it started now
Chances are that you came across the particular website that was giving you notifications (either on purpose or by accident, e.g. as a sneaky redirect from some other site), and it asked you for permission to give notifications. This can show up as a Chrome dialog box at the top of the screen, or some checkbox within the site itself. It's fairly easy to click through a lot of these dialog boxes that show up without giving them a second thought, so that may be how you opted into notifications for that site.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91