Reboot when pressing power button on Lollipop

tongrhj

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4 on Lollipop Android 5.0

Rooted

How do I get the option to reboot from the power menu (the one you get when you long-press the power button)? Thanks!

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
How can I power off? Now when I hold down the power button, nothing happens. No more option of choosing between powering off and collecting a bug report. Instead, the screen stays lit and then goes dark after I let go of the button. But if I hit the button again, the screen turns back on.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
How can I power off? Now when I hold down the power button, nothing happens. No more option of choosing between powering off and collecting a bug report. Instead, the screen stays lit and then goes dark after I let go of the button. But if I hit the button again, the screen turns back on.
Odd... This is what you should get...

425b65afd33a0d4c3e775a274c66f919.jpg

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Odd... This is what you should get...

Yup. And I did for the first few days after upgrading to 5.0. Then it just disappeared. Strange.

I wonder if it's related to another phenomenon I recently noticed: The phone occasionally takes itself out of Battery Saver mode.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup. And I did for the first few days after upgrading to 5.0. Then it just disappeared. Strange.

I wonder if it's related to another phenomenon I recently noticed: The phone occasionally takes itself out of Battery Saver mode.
Sounds like a factory image flash is in order.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a factory image flash is in order.

You mean via a hard reset? I did back-to-back hard resets with 4.4.4. I got the 5.0 OTA a couple of days after that, and nearly everything was fine -- certificates were the exception -- until a few days ago, when this power button issue popped up.

tongrhj

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I know it doesn't come baked in. I used to enable it with Xposed Gravitybox (I think).

Now that Xposed isn't compatible with Lollipop, I have so many missing features I need back in my life. Reboot from the power menu is one of them. Having a dedicated app is a terrible solution because it's so unintuitive.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know it doesn't come baked in. I used to enable it with Xposed Gravitybox (I think).

Now that Xposed isn't compatible with Lollipop, I have so many missing features I need back in my life. Reboot from the power menu is one of them. Having a dedicated app is a terrible solution because it's so unintuitive.
The author if Xposed has stated he isn't going to support Lollipop... So best to find another solution. Many custom ROMs have a lot of the same features.

Ram1996

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
my nexus5 after updating to lollipop starts rebooting whenever i press the power button for about 2 seconds and at times the screen blinks and starts to reboot but doesn't start.Any solutions?