Recent Apps

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
How do I clear the recent apps? I looks like I've got hundreds in there on the Rolodex.
It seems like a big list could bog things down.
Thanks,
David

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The list does not bog things down. It just shows the apps (and browser tabs) that have been opened generally in the reverse order they were opened.

Last edited:

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The apps aren't running in the background if that is what you are worried about . They are just a quick way to access apps you've recently opened .

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The apps aren't running in the background if that is what you are worried about . They are just a quick way to access apps you've recently opened .
That's true, however, I find it annoying too when my recent list gets bloated. Also, it is a security concern. For example, if I go to my bank (app), and I just push the home button on my phone, it keeps that screenshot of all my transactions and balance within the recent apps where everyone could see it. So, having a way to get rid of it helps.

@TucsonDave:
There is probably a way to delete all recent apps at once without having to swipe each single one, however, I have a Samsung device, so, I am not sure how to do this on yours.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That's true, however, I find it annoying too when my recent list gets bloated. Also, it is a security concern. For example, if I go to my bank (app), and I just push the home button on my phone, it keeps that screenshot of all my transactions and balance within the recent apps where everyone could see it. So, having a way to get rid of it helps.

Well, that is one great reason why you should sign out of a financial services/banking app when you are done with it rather than just pressing home. It's probably also a good idea to do a PIN/Password/Pattern lockscreen if you have sensitive data on the phone, not to mention using data encryption.

Tumultus

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I know and I usually do sign out. It was just an example on why someone would want to clear the recent apps. Probably not the best example but, well, ... :)

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Currently, there is no way to Close All Recent apps, other than to swipe each away individually. The Samsung Galaxy S 6 has a Close All button. No such luck with the Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk