Recommendations for TB owner and first time rooter

ginse120

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I've had the TB since it came out and have never rooted it since it is my first android phone coming from a blackberry. After reading many forum posts I'd really like to root my TB. However, I have no experience doing this sort of thing at all. I would really like to extend the battery life of my TB as much as possible plus wtvr other benefits I may get from rooting. Do you have any advice or preferred method for one such as myself to proceed in rooting it or do you think I should just wait for the Gingerbread update soon to be released?

All help is much appreciated.

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted for the first time yesterday. First android, and smartphone in general. The revolutionary method is easy as pie.

Installed gingeritis 3d and am enjoying it.

I'm on my phone right now but there's a great youtube video tutorial explaining how to do it step by step if you search.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I've had the TB since it came out and have never rooted it since it is my first android phone coming from a blackberry. After reading many forum posts I'd really like to root my TB. However, I have no experience doing this sort of thing at all. I would really like to extend the battery life of my TB as much as possible plus wtvr other benefits I may get from rooting. Do you have any advice or preferred method for one such as myself to proceed in rooting it or do you think I should just wait for the Gingerbread update soon to be released?

All help is much appreciated.

We are in exact boat, I came from a blackberry too and I rooted a couple of days ago. Check out the rom section. Follow it and you'll be ok. Might want to write down your apps just incase the market doesn't show it when you new rom. That happened to me. Top two roms for me was bamf remix and cm7, but i prefer the latter. Make sure you install the right radio for the rom or you wont pick up Verizon signal Good luck

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
We are in exact boat, I came from a blackberry too and I rooted a couple of days ago. Check out the rom section. Follow it and you'll be ok. Might want to write down your apps just incase the market doesn't show it when you new rom. That happened to me. Top two roms for me was bamf remix and cm7, but i prefer the latter. Make sure you install the right radio for the rom or you wont pick up Verizon signal Good luck

MyBackup is a easier method or backup apks with Astro or ES File Explorer.

AstroBackup.gif

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree...but you might also try an app called sharemyapps that lets.you send a list to yourself or whoever you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade