Recovery missing & ADB Sideload missing?

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I try to boot into recovery mode to sideload the 4.4.2 ota, it appears that recovery is missing/broken. I get the no command android guy. Fastboot is fine and I can boot up into 4.4 and it's fine. I tried using the Nexus 7 toolkit and the Android Toolkit to flash stock recovery and it doesn't work. But I can flash TWRP recovery and it works.

Then a second question. So I decided to use TWRP and try to sideload the 4.4.2 ota. But when I am in ADB and try to issue ADB Sideload zipfilename it appears that the Sideload command does not even exist. I can list the adb commands and it shows a bunch but not sideload.

Any Ideas?

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
A bit more info. I can flash the TWRP recovery and boot to it just fine. If I flash the stock recovery it says it flashed fine but when I try to boot to it I get no command guy.

steveindajeep

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I let the tablet auto update to 4.4.2 last night. I tried to reflash twrp, it said it "OKAY" but its not there. I get the "NO COMMAND" screen. I can get to the reg. recovery but TWRP is no where to be found. Im guessing they need to make a new one for 4.4.2 grouper???

Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol