Recovery mode and dalvik cache

asdf12321

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends.
I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a complete noob when it comes to android phones, and therefore I have not dared to root my phone. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to do anything that voids the warranty, because I'd literally be out of work if something happens to my phone.
Of the benefits of rooting, the one that interests me most is erasing the infamous dalvik cache, but I read somewhere that it can also be deleted without rooting by going to the recovery mode.
To do that, I go to recovery mode and I'm shown 3 options. The first two, reboot system and wipe data/factory reset, are self explanatory. The first one boots my phone as normal and the second one erases all data and apps (which I definitelly don't want).
Is the third one, wipe cache partition, the one I'm looking for? Is it safe?
Thank you kindly.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Cache and Dalvik cache are not the same. Is there a reason that you would want to wipe your Dalvik if you are not rooted and tinkering?

I also depend on my phone for work. The ability to make a backup image and disable the Privacy menu Factory Reset were two of my top reasons for rooting initially.

asdf12321

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for your reply.
The reason I want to delete the dalvik cache is because I read its akin to the windows registry in that each app you install or run leaves stuff behind that eat your space, slows down your phone and can even cause instability. Since I've tried dozens of apps, I wanted to clear it much like I do with windows's registry each time I uninstall something.

kamotecue

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi i also have a problem with this dalvik cache i cant find him on my list of options, I only have reboot system, apply update from sd card, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and test redbend fota[FS]. I tried to open my phone but theres only a blank screen w/ a samsung logo. please help tnx

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What makes you think you need to wipe Davlik? Davlik constantly rebuilds itself. Sounds like you need to factory reset your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz