recovery mode

dogdreamshhi#AC

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I did a fresh install of cm7 #200 and now every time I try to boot to recovery it takes me to the hboot screen and when I select revovery it just loops back to hboot any ideas

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You could try using ROM manager to download a fresh version of ClockWorkMod. I think the latest is 5.0.something. I'm still using 3.0.0.8. At the top of the list of options once you open ROM manager is "Recovery"...from there you can find the version you want.

ROM manager can also allow you to download older versions of CWM.

It's really the only thing I ever use ROM manager for.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Be careful when installing the latest Clockwork. There is a thread saying that 5.0.2.0 locks the bootloader. I have 5.0.1.0 and that is stable.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Im not the most knowledgeable of people on this forum and Im not doubting you but how could CWM lock the bootloader. Wouldn't that defeat the point of having a custom recovery?

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I did a fresh install of cm7 #200 and now every time I try to boot to recovery it takes me to the hboot screen and when I select revovery it just loops back to hboot any ideas
If it won't go into recovery with 5.0.2.0, like mine, and keeps looping back to the bootloader, reflash the same version. Go to CWM, and even though latest and current might show the same version, select Flash again and do the same version.

This fixed mine since I was having the same problems. I can boot into recovery without problems on 5.0.2.0 and it hasn't changed my bootloader lock status.

amlucent

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Guys I am experiencing the same issue as Wanda. I made the mistake of upgrading clock work recovery in rom manager. Now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop to the splash screen. When I try to enter recovery I am unable to. I am confused how to get a older version that works since this seems to be the problem. Where can I get it and how do I install it without recovery and since I cant get back to rom manager?

garrett4g

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Same issue, this is a big problem.

Can't get into recovery to restore with a backup. Also, can't get into rom manager as I'm getting the force close popup on all apps. Basically it just let's me to the hboot screen and then when I click recovery it takes me back to the same screen.

I did update clockwork mod to the newest update in rom manager a few days ago.
Running cyonagen mod nighties
Help.......?

garrett4g

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, figured it out, to the help of no one other than trial and error. For those of you with similar problem, try this....

1) Uninstall update on Rom manager to previous version
2) Re-update Clockworkmod as it wasn't recognized in Rom Manager
3) Downgrade Clockworkmod to 3.0.0.8
4) Now I was able to reboot and flash my backup recovery

I hope this helped.

garrett4g

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Menu, Settings, Applications, manage applications, all, find rom manager, uninstall updates

or

If you're on CM7 click and hold rom manger, click application, uninstall updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts